A315-41-R3FT Dead as a doornail

HI - My laptop had a collision with a glass of orange squash! Tried to dry it out but it will not even blink at me!
Can anyone point me to a Service Manual please (Not User Manual).
Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Leostat is correct, the Service Guides are not publicly available. We are allowed to post snippets from them. Luckily your Aspire A315-41 is not too difficult to deal with even without the manual. Pull the memory and HDD, then there are seventeen screws holding the case together. Once they are out open it all the way and start gently prying the case halves apart, starting at the left side and moving counter clockwise. Let us know if you get stuck anywhere...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    The service manuals are only available to the staff / ACE / Ally members on here and i dont think they are allowed to share them im afriad :(
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Leostat is correct, the Service Guides are not publicly available. We are allowed to post snippets from them. Luckily your Aspire A315-41 is not too difficult to deal with even without the manual. Pull the memory and HDD, then there are seventeen screws holding the case together. Once they are out open it all the way and start gently prying the case halves apart, starting at the left side and moving counter clockwise. Let us know if you get stuck anywhere...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stevecarter
    stevecarter Member Posts: 5 New User
    Thanks Billsey, I had managed to get that far. I need to change the keyboard and touch pad. I am stuck in removing the DC input cable from the main board. There seems to be done sort of lock holding it in and I cannot fathom it how to release it. Any ideas?
  • stevecarter
    some sort, not done sort!
  • billsey
    It looks like there just might be a latch on the DC-In cable, if so you should just need to lift it slightly. Here's the best image I could find, it looks like that white bit drops into a slot in the black part, so just lifting that slightly should allow it to be pulled out:

The latch for flat cables is a tab running across the connector that you flip up. This isn't the right connector, but it illustrates how those work.:
    Block Image
    Block Image
    Block Image

• stevecarter
    Billsey, thanks for your response.
    As you see from the picture, the DC connector does not have a lift-up lock.
    If you zoom in to the connector, you will notice a white rectangular indentation in the centre of the connector. When I try to remove the connector, that piece moves with it and I suspect that is some sort of locking piece. However I cannot work out what has to be pushed where to get it to release.
    Do the instructions offer any advice in the text?
    Also, when I have removed the mainboard, do the instructions say how to go about removing the keyboard.
    Many thanks again.

Peace and all good.

Stephen
  • billsey
    The white piece looks like it might pivot up to release, but we'd need a closeup picture to be sure. The instructions don't say anything special about it. The keyboard is integrated into top top case. I'd bet they placed it over plastic alignment pins, then melted them to fix it in place.