Predator PH315-52 blue screen on battery

7ama
7ama Member Posts: 67 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello Everyone,
so when my Acer helios 2019 reaches below 10% of battery( sometimes on other 70 to 80%) my secondary monitor gets disconnected the dedicated graphics card stops working and if the battery is low it gives DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR blue screen.
I hope there is a fix for that cause honestly, it's the most annoying thing I faced using this laptop.

Answers

• 7ama
    Weird how no is able to solve this blue screen 
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    7ama can you please share, how were you able to fix it, so it might help other community users that might have same issue? salute

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• 7ama
    Coqui13 said:
    7ama can you please share, how were you able to fix it, so it might help other community users that might have same issue? salute

it never got fixed, I just disabled the discrete graphics card.

• 7ama

it never got fixed, I just disabled the discrete graphics card.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    I am curious to see if I can solve this problem. I also have a PH315-52 with the same video card. Does this problem occur when you connect the monitor to the hdmi or DP port?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 7ama
    I am curious to see if I can solve this problem. I also have a PH315-52 with the same video card. Does this problem occur when you connect the monitor to the hdmi or DP port?
    I'm connected to a monitor most of the time and when the I remove the charger and the battery get somewhere near to 50%( sometimes 20%) this problem occurs.
  • 7ama
    the blue screen is not the only problem after the blue screen when I try to turn it back on it gets stuck in the boot loop
  • I suggest you try to calibrate the battery. Also try this suggestion:
    b) then, disable the wireless network card so that windows update does not update the driver.
    c) then, uninstall and delete these drivers, until they have the MICROSOFT BASIC VIDEO ADAPTER driver and then restart windows.
    d) windows will not update, as the network card must be disabled.
    e) then install the latest dch drivers and see if the problem remains
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 7ama
    I suggest you try to calibrate the battery. Also try this suggestion:
    b) then, disable the wireless network card so that windows update does not update the driver.
    c) then, uninstall and delete these drivers, until they have the MICROSOFT BASIC VIDEO ADAPTER driver and then restart windows.
    I'll give it a try and tell you the result later
  • 7ama
    I suggest you try to calibrate the battery. Also try this suggestion:

Just tried it and the discrete graphics stopped working after a while.

• What happens when you uninstall and delete the drivers and let windows update install the correct drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 7ama
    What happens when you uninstall and delete the drivers and let windows update install the correct drivers?
    the monitor gets diconnnectd and as you said after restarting the driver shows as Microsoft basic adapter
  • 7ama

And this is what happens  to the pixels in the center 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OK! Activate the wireless network card and go to windows update. Windows update will install the correct driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 7ama
    OK! Activate the wireless network card and go to windows update. Windows update will install the correct driver.
    sorry, I mistakingly marked the comment as it worked. but it actually did not change anything.
  • OK! Try restoring windows to a date before the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 7ama
    OK! Try restoring windows to a date before the problem.
    I did a fresh install of windows multiple times, and this problem has existed for a very long time ago and i don't remember when exactly it started.
  • Can you check if updating the bios to version 1.12 solves the problem? Updating the bios is risky and I am not responsible for any damage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer