Laptop has been on 0% even though I have it plugged in SF314-55

AAM1234
AAM1234 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
The laptop that I have is Acer Swift. The specific model is SF314-55. My laptop will not operate without being plugged in. It has been on 0% for the last day. I tried resetting the battery, but it has not worked. I am wondering if there is anyway to fix this issue without having to repair it as that takes time. 

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    AAM1234 said:
    The laptop that I have is Acer Swift. The specific model is SF314-55. My laptop will not operate without being plugged in. It has been on 0% for the last day. I tried resetting the battery, but it has not worked. I am wondering if there is anyway to fix this issue without having to repair it as that takes time. 
    Try this..

Go to device manager and uninstall the battery drivers. Post this restart the unit and while booting press F2 to access BIOS. Here Press F9 and Enter to set the BIOS to default configuration.. Next press F10 and enter to save the changes... 

Now re-connect the charger and check if the unit is charging..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    AAM1234 said:
    Try this..

Go to device manager and uninstall the battery drivers. Post this restart the unit and while booting press F2 to access BIOS. Here Press F9 and Enter to set the BIOS to default configuration.. Next press F10 and enter to save the changes... 

• AAM1234
    Rudy21 said:
    AAM1234 said:
    Try this..

Hi, 
    Thank you for recommending this. I did this and my laptop is able to operate without the charger. It still says it’s at 0%. Is that a glitch or a concern? 
  • Rudy21
    AAM1234 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    AAM1234 said:
    Try this..

Hi, 
    Thank you for recommending this. I did this and my laptop is able to operate without the charger. It still says it’s at 0%. Is that a glitch or a concern? 
    This could happen due to corrupt OS. However, this should get fix in the next windows update.. If it does not then update the BIOS when the next firmware gets released..

Please select the Yes that answered your question. This would help others to get to the solution quickly.
  • AAM1234
    Hi, 
    I updated to the latest windows update. Also, I updated the drives. It is now showing me the proper percentage of charge instead of 0%. Thank you so much for your help!
  • jacohen
    jacohen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, 
    I have exactly the same issue described by Rudy21, but when I try to update the BIOS it won't let me since the battery is 0% and it needs a minimum of 25%
    What can I do?

• jacohen said:
    Hi, 
    I have exactly the same issue described by Rudy21, but when I try to update the BIOS it won't let me since the battery is 0% and it needs a minimum of 25%
    What can I do?

I would check the battery with a multimeter. If the battery is ok, it could be a problem with the motherboard charger ci.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)