4 Monitors - TC-895

Kendrick
Kendrick Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Would running 4 monitors on an Acer TC-895 desktop harm the computer? It has flickered 2 twice while I was in the stock markets.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Not unless you are somehow using more power than you have available. Do you have a GPU card that connects to all four or a dock for some of them?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kendrick
    Kendrick Member Posts: 2 New User
    No I dint think so. I use the two hdmi ports and a USB to 2 hdmi ports. 
  • billsey
    Yeah, power won't be an issue with that setup. The flickers will need more diagnosis to figure it out...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HanSRT10
    HanSRT10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kendrick said:
    No I dint think so. I use the two hdmi ports and a USB to 2 hdmi ports. 
    I've just bought a TC-895 with two HDMI ports.  I'm very surprised to see that some of you work with 4 monitors, so far I cant get my second monitor to work.  WHen going through the motions I always end up with a message like "didn't detect a second screen".  The two screens are identical.  When I plug in a screen in the lower port it works (either one of the screens) but when i connect to the upper port nothing.

I tried in the Windows 10 pro settings, and I tried using Windows-P but nothing works. 

Any suggestions / advice please? 
  • billsey
    @HanSRT10 you should start your own thread for this. Let us know the full model number (TC-895-xxxx) and give us a picture of the back with both HDMI cables connected and a pointer to which is working and which isn't. I assume you have already tried swapping the cables to make sure that's not the issue?