Aspire F5-573G-71ND

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire F 15 F5-573G-55BY (NX.GFHSG.009) Screen Upgrade to 1920x1080 FHD IPS Matte.

Answers

• Ignatus
    Ignatus Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi, I have an Aspire F5-573G-71ND and I'm also looking to upgrade the panel to 1920x1080 FHD IPS Matte and, since I'm using my laptop for illustration and design, I'm looking for a wide color gamut. Checking the panel comparison, LP156WF6-SPB1 and B156HAN01.2 could be good elections, but but i wonder if there is any other good recommendation.

Thanks in advance.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Ignatus said:
    Hi, I have an Aspire F5-573G-71ND and I'm also looking to upgrade the panel to 1920x1080 FHD IPS Matte and, since I'm using my laptop for illustration and design, I'm looking for a wide color gamut. Checking the panel comparison, LP156WF6-SPB1 and B156HAN01.2 could be good elections, but but i wonder if there is any other good recommendation.

Thanks in advance.
    You have to compare all the panels in this link, scroll down the page and click each panel and check the specs.
    LG Display LP156WF6-SPB1 Overview - Panelook.com
  • Ignatus

Tinkerer

Thanks! I'll check the panel carefully. Do you have some brand or model preference? I've seen that laptops from the F5-573G series with better panel use Innolux N156HGE-EAL, could this panel be a good upgrade?
  • brummyfan2
    No problem, yes it's a good panel, if you don't mind the TN panel it's fine because it has lower response time compared to IPS panels, it has 93% NTSC ratio, 100% sRGB as well.
     Panel Specification Compare - Panelook.com
  • Ignatus

Tinkerer

I like the color coverage but I am not sure about it being a TN panel because I mainly use the laptop for graphic design. Do you know if it has an IPS variant or do you know of another IPS panel with that color coverage?
  • brummyfan2
    No, I don't think it has any IPS variant and couldn't find any IPS panels with matching colour coverage, sorry.
  • Ignatus

Tinkerer

Checking panels I have a question, my laptop (Aspire f5-573G-71ND) comes with an AUO B156XTN07.0, that's a 1 lane eDP and I see that FHD panels are 2 lane eDP, so I guess that my laptop's cable is compatible, right?
  • brummyfan2
    edited January 2021
    You have to get a second opinion from the retailers because you have a 40 pin eDP panel, I am not sure that your motherboard connection is compatible with a 30 pin panel, I will have to do some searching about the compatibility of a 30pin eDP panel with a laptop came with 40Pin eDP . https://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=27217,25853,27219
    EDIT:
    Only one eDP cable is listed for F5-573G model, so I think you will be fine, sorry about the confusion.
    The Part number for the cable: 50.GDEN7.001
  • Ignatus

Tinkerer

Thanks for taking the time to check the cable! I haven't noticed before that the B156XTN07.0 has 40 pin eDP variants, I only checked the first result I saw when doing the search:: https://www.panelook.com/B156XTN07.0 HW0A_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_31749.html

I've already ordered a FHD, IPS panel with at least 72% NTSC. I first asked for B156HAN01.2 and they told me that right now they have a Samsung LTN156HL01-101, so I will test if it meets my needs.
  • brummyfan2
    Ignatus said:
    Thanks for taking the time to check the cable! I haven't noticed before that the B156XTN07.0 has 40 pin eDP variants, I only checked the first result I saw when doing the search:: https://www.panelook.com/B156XTN07.0 HW0A_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_31749.html

I've already ordered a FHD, IPS panel with at least 72% NTSC. I first asked for B156HAN01.2 and they told me that right now they have a Samsung LTN156HL01-101, so I will test if it meets my needs.
    Yes, it looks like a good panel, please post the outcome and good luck with the upgrade  :)
  • Ignatus

Tinkerer

The panel has arrived very quickly and I have already done the switch... and I must say that the impact on color quality is impressive, just what I need  :)  The panel replacement has been very easy so I recommend the panel upgrade to anyone who is thinking about it  :)
  • brummyfan2
    Ignatus said:
    The panel has arrived very quickly and I have already done the switch... and I must say that the impact on color quality is impressive, just what I need  :)  The panel replacement has been very easy so I recommend the panel upgrade to anyone who is thinking about it  :)
    Congratulations 👏 thanks for posting the outcome  :)