Acer Nitro XZ322Q stuck at 60hz on Xbox Series X?

SpencerB96
SpencerB96 Member Posts: 4 New User
Title says it all. I recently bought the Seriex X, and a half decent monitor (I thought) to go with it. I've had this monitor for about a month now, just curious as how I can get all of what I paid for it. I've looked online and can't find anything. Unless I'm missing something...

I don't know much about Monitors, but this one advertised for 144hz at 1080p. And I can't achieve that?

Answers

• SpencerB96
    Note on my Series X I have these settings enabled in video modes.  
    Allow 50Hz, Variable Refresh Rate, Allow YCC 4:2:2

Video Fidelity and overscan: Autodetect
    Color Depth 24 bits per pixel (8bit]
    Color Space Standard. 

• SpencerB96
    Sorry for another post. I'm trying to achieve this on COD Warzone. 

Thank's!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,448 Trailblazer
    I believe the Xbox X and PS5 both require HDMI 2.1 for the higher frequencies to work... Acer just announced their first HDMI 2.1 monitors this week at CES.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SpencerB96
    edited January 2021
    I got it figured out. Admin can close the thread if possible.

Xbox>Settings>Video and TV Settings> Video and Fidelity> Change recommended to hdmi.> Change your resolution to 1080p> Refresh rate should now show up. Select 120HZ Walla Cazam.

/thread
  • Kdubz1210
    Kdubz1210 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I don't think that is figuring it out.  The xz322qu advertises that it will run at 1440p at 120hz however, still can't get it to run.  Max I can get is 1440p at 60hz. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,448 Trailblazer
    It seems to be an issue with both the Xbox X and PS5. If you are on HDMI 2.0 they won't allow you to use the higher refresh rates even if your monitor can do them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • abkarabkar78
    abkarabkar78 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I think this issue is in acer brand only we need updated firmware to adjust resolution to 1440p 120hz