Nitro 5 AN515-52-50VR refuses to POST after 6008 shutdown

aaronbishopcourt
aaronbishopcourt Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I was wondering if I could get a bit of help.

I've had this issue before, but it was only temporarily - I left it 15 minutes and it booted just fine, but now it refuses to boot entirely. Just the keyboard lighting up and the fans spinning, no display, for about a second, and then off again, then loop until I override it into shutdown.

With this laptop, I've had all of the textbook issues: black screen, won't turn on, overheating, fans not working, 6008 shutdowns, webcam failure, keyboard failure, HDMI output failure and even Automatic Repair loop, also (weirdly) cables unplugging themselves. I've admittedly had it for over 2 years now but I have experienced these issues throughout, repairing it myself 5/6 times and once sending it to be repaired professionally at Curry's PC World (I had cover on it for a year as I bought it from them).

Now I'm convinced it's finally had its last laugh, from an event ID 6008 shutdown, it decided it does not want to POST anymore, and I can't really be spending much more money on it as I'm now at University and money is very tight for me. I've also ironically lost the manual - though I've never read it, I was hoping that it would spark a few ideas.

I know it's got life left in it, but I appreciate any help, even if everyone says I should move on and get a new computer.

Answers