Nitro AN515-54 GPU hangs/freezes

Claymix
Claymix Member Posts: 1 New User
Nitro AN515-54 (i5-9300 & GTX 1650) running Windows 10

So far this issue has plagued me only in a specific game, City of Heroes (Homecoming). 

At certain moments in City of Heroes, the game will hang/freeze up for a second or two or three, during which time the game sound will repeat itself. It never crashes and it never freezes for more than three seconds, but it happens every time I play the game and fairly regularly.

With NitroSense open, the moments it freezes up are obvious: GPU activity plummets to 0% or close to it! It's like the GPU stops working for that second or two and then is right back to normal. I have attached a screenshot showing a typical City of Heroes session. Each time the GPU usage plummets is when this happened in game. It's at 0% at the time of the screenshot because I have closed City of Heroes at this point.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,273 Community Administrator
    Hello Claymix

Thank you for participating in the Acer community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your unit. I recommend  you to reinstall the graphic drivers, and in case issue persists contact your local support for further assistance. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid