EI342CKR How do I mount my new monitor onto a Vesa 75MM? EI342CKR Pbmiippx

JB_Boston
JB_Boston Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Monitors
I purchased my monitor from Costco and it says it's Vesa 75 MM

Model: EI342CKR Pbmiippx

Acer website does indicate it's 75MM , granted it's not the exact same one (I purchased the ultra wide) but it's the same setup in the back.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HE2AA.P01

I've spent at least 4 hours trying to figure this out and searching amazon for something that I can purchase.    
Thanks

Answers

• JB_Boston
    JB_Boston Member Posts: 2 New User
    And... I'm dumb.   I realized those long screws I set aside were for the mounting.  I cannot believe I didn't realize that.  Not even in the instructions
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Heheh, yeah you need the long ones when doing 75x75 because the 100x100 plates stick out farther.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dircom
    Dircom Member Posts: 1 New User
    Once I got a ruler and measured 75x75mm on the back, I figured it out.
    Some big monitors have software for PIP, or snap windows.  Does this one have any software?
  • mspoller
    mspoller Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm sorry, I must be stupid because I can't figure out how to mount this and I'd really like to.  Can anyone explain it to me?  Do the spacers go in all four screw holes where the stand is?  Also, the mounts I have require you to sort of put the monitor on the mount when it's already attached to the desk, so I've been struggling to size this correct.  AHHH
  • billsey
    Normally you connect the mount while the monitor is face down on the desk. The standoffs go between the mount and the monitor, to hold the plate slightly further away for clearance. If your stand needs to be connected so the monitor can't go face down you'll have to get a helper to hold it while you put the screws in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Diego0311
    Diego0311 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Is there Anyway i can get those screws because i believe i threw them away 
  • Diego0311
    Diego0311 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Or could i get the length of the screws to buy them seperatley 
  • billsey
    I don't have specs on screw lengths, they are standoffs but you could potentially just use long screws and a s**t load of washers (or maybe some larger nuts slid over) to get it deep enough...
  • ShadariMoon
    ShadariMoon Member Posts: 4 New User
    @JB_Boston
    Were you able to successfully mount your monitor? We got a Fully monitor arm and it was smooth sailing up until we removed the stand to put the plate on lol. The Fully did not come with long screws. Guess we should have removed the stand first.  :#
  • ShadariMoon
    ShadariMoon Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2021
    Update: We found the spacers that were included in the box. Knew we didn't throw them out but they were lost in the madness that was the holiday. Here is a photo of the spacers you'll need to mount the monitor to any 75x75 Versa plate. 

You'll need M4 35mm spacers. 

You might still be able to purchase them from Acers supplier? Try giving them this serial number Y8034C2R2BXXXXX
    When we called Acer support they had no idea and direct us to their supplier who also had no idea. So we were SOL until we found the spacers. Might be easier and cheaper to find them online. Hope this helps! 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
  • billsey
    Good news to hear you found them! They should be available from hardware vendors, but the M4x35mm is pretty critical when looking. :)
  • pghcm
    pghcm Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just received this monitor from Acer as an in-warranty replacement for an older model that was deemed unrepairable. The standoffs being discussed in this thread were not included in the box (a refurb, presumably). I tried calling Acer to obtain them, but my experience was much like Shadari's - the support rep had no idea what I was talking about. She offered to look into it and call back, but so far no word so I guess it's time to take matters into my own hands.

I've been trying to find the equivalent part online, but it's a lot more difficult than I expected - there are a TON of standoffs out there. If anyone who has seen these standoffs in person can answer a few questions it would really help me narrow down the search:
    1) Are the standoffs male/female or female/female? The picture in the manual certainly looks male/female.
    2) Any idea what metal these are made out of? Brass standoffs seem to be most common online, but is that strong enough to support a monitor?
    3) How deep is the internal threading on these? Are the original 8mm long screws from the back of the monitor long enough to securely attach the vesa plate, or did the retail box include a set of longer screws intended for use specifically with the standoffs?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! :)
  • billsey
    1. Male/female
    2. Brass should be fine, I'd likely not trust plastic. Any of the metals should hold them.
    3. They should all be deep enough and the M4x8mm screws should fit fine. Remember that the VESA plate on your mount isn't all that thick.
  • poinkbear
    poinkbear Member Posts: 1 New User
    Update: We found the spacers that were included in the box. Knew we didn't throw them out but they were lost in the madness that was the holiday. Here is a photo of the spacers you'll need to mount the monitor to any 75x75 Versa plate. 

You'll need M4 35mm spacers. 

You might still be able to purchase them from Acers supplier? Try giving them this serial number Y8034C2R2BXXXXX
    When we called Acer support they had no idea and direct us to their supplier who also had no idea. So we were SOL until we found the spacers. Might be easier and cheaper to find them online. Hope this helps! 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

what monitor arm is this one?
This discussion has been closed.