My ACER Nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9 seems to be missing a switch like it fell off can anyone confirm

GentlemanJer
GentlemanJer Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2021 in Acer Software
My laptop acts as if it’s going to start up keyboard lights up, fans begin to start and turns off, it will repeat this process for ever never actually turning completely on, so I looked up stuff all over and it says check this switch, I go to do that and I don’t have one, I’ve looked all over inside and I can’t find it anywhere in the laptop but this needs to be pushing down on something and it looks like it’s not there at all but may have been there a lot of things I’ve looked up says that there should be a switch there a dip switch or a micro switch to allow the battery connection I just need someone to confirm that I’m missing it

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Looking at a teardown there isnt meant to be anything there when compared to another, in the huge image the pads are also empty
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Nitro+5+AN515-53-55G9+Battery+Replacement/121478

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/eMDDJKsjbVhRfMmc.huge

It looks pretty clean so it doesnt look like anything has melted or snapped off

When you say it needs to be there did there used to be something there or does it just look like there should be? DIP switches are usually to chnage settings, so it could have been a battery disconect or a battery config thing which isnt needed on production boards. I dont *think* thats anything to worry about

One of the ACE's or staff members on the forum may be able to offer more insight with access to the repair guides.
  • GentlemanJer
    So no Leostat said:
    Looking at a teardown there isnt meant to be anything there when compared to another, in the huge image the pads are also empty
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Nitro+5+AN515-53-55G9+Battery+Replacement/121478

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/eMDDJKsjbVhRfMmc.huge

It looks pretty clean so it doesnt look like anything has melted or snapped off

When you say it needs to be there did there used to be something there or does it just look like there should be? DIP switches are usually to chnage settings, so it could have been a battery disconect or a battery config thing which isnt needed on production boards. I dont *think* thats anything to worry about.
    I’ve never seen one there myself but, it looks as if something should be there a video I watched said it was the switch to show the ram door was open so it doesn’t turn on.
  • Leostat
    Sounds about right for what it could be, a guess is they just ditched the componant for some reason or another :) 
  • GentlemanJer
    Lol if that’s not it then idk what’s wrong with my laptop not being able to fully reboot before restarting, just a black screen no start up screen or ACER logo 
  • Leostat
    So whats the issue you are having? Is it not starting at all?

• GentlemanJer
    I press the power button, the keyboard lights up(nothing on screen) the fans begin to spin (still nothing on screen) and then it just turns off and restarts that short process over and over again never completely turning on 
  • Leostat
    Humm,  did it just start happeneing randomly or after something? One thing you could try is re-seating the ram see if its got slightly loose, but short of that if it cant boot the service centre would be the best shout
  • GentlemanJer
    It happened a while ago, I was able to let it do that for like 5-8 hours and it finally turned on but now it won’t even do that it just does it for days 
  • moeed
    moeed Member Posts: 1 New User
    I press the power button, the keyboard lights up(nothing on screen) the fans begin to spin (still nothing on screen) and then it just turns off and restarts that short process over and over again never completely turning on 
    I am having this same exact problem after removing backplate. did u manage fix ur problem?