tc-885-ur19 windows 10 installation crashes within a few minutes

JOE_A
JOE_A Member Posts: 3 New User
I am trying to install a new windows 10 via thumb drive with no success. I have set the the on board SATA controller to AHCI and the CSM to NEVER with UEFI boot. I also disabled secure boot. I have tried different thumb drives in different USB ports and the same crash after a minute or too. I have tried to install windows 10 via usb dvd rom (older vervions of windows 10) and the same think. As it load in it crashs before any menu option comes up. If any one can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

joe

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Is there anything plugged in that isn't stock? That is almost always issues with a driver that Windows is loading as part of the install process.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Which WiFi/Bluetooth card is in it? There have been cases where the Windows install will crash when trying to install the driver. The fix is to uninstall physically the WiFi card, do the install, then reinstall and let Windows find good drivers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JOE_A
    Hello it is the Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card. I have tried with and without it but same thing happens. The problem is I don't even get up to that part. I boot the computer up and press F12 to go into the boot selection menu. I select the UEFI thumb drive and i get the splash screen with blue window then the whites dots moving in a circle then they freeze. The computer crashes.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Is there anything plugged in that isn't stock? That is almost always issues with a driver that Windows is loading as part of the install process.
  • JOE_A
    edited January 2021
    Ok I got it figured out. I had removed the processer, memory and hard drive due to a problem with windows (windows update caused a problem with optane chip). My Daughter need a computer fast so I got a new motherboard and case to get her a working computer. Now I wanted to get computer working again so i got a new hard drive, memory, and an intel i7-9700f. The processor only runs at 65 watt but no video. I think using a video card was the problem. I run linux on the computer with the i7-9700f but windows install would crash. I borrowed my daughter's computer and removed the I5-8400 and magical windows installed without a problem. After updating and installing a GTX 1660 super( yes I changed the power supply), I reinstalled the i7-9700f and, more magic, it ran like a champ. So now this acer TC-855 is runnning:
    Intel I7-9700f
    G. Skill Aegis 16GB (2x8GB)
    Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7200RPM
     Asus GTX 1660 Super
    Corsair RM550x 550 Watt 80 Plus Gold

Thank you for your input and help.
  • billsey
    Yeah, not too surprising... That's why Intel ask that we not swap different generations of CPU/Chipset. You were trying to go from 8th gen to 9th gen, and that can be touchy but at least sometimes does work.