Noises coming from monitor Nitro VG240BMIIX 24

Kelvinoss
Kelvinoss Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Monitors
Previous year I bought Acer Nitro VG240BMIIX 24 inch monitor. It works fine but everytime, the monitor it is in sleep mode it just keeps making this irritating noises, it’s not very loud but I can hear it if I lay in bed. I find this noise very irritating so I have to get out of bed to turn of the monitor. I don’t know what this noise, but I thought it was a little bit the same as the noise a laptops fan makes. I can also hear this noise if the monitor is completely turned of, so not in sleep mode, but then it’s almost not hearable, only sometimes and not very disturbing. If anybody can help me figure out what this noise is and if this is normal. Thank you

Answers

• Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

Edit: It’s more of a high pitched noise, rather than the sound of a laptop fan
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Does the noise continue if you unplug the monitor? It might be a fan, but more likely speakers responding to a grounding problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

I have unplugged the monitor and I still hear the sound, I also tried to mute the speaker so the volume is 0.
  • Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Does the noise continue if you unplug the monitor? It might be a fan, but more likely speakers responding to a grounding problem.
    I just checked and the noise is still there if I unplug everything but disappears after a couple of minutes. How can I fix it?
  • Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

And if I plug in the power, I can hear the noise instantly
  • billsey
    That is so weird... :) OK, so likely something electronic buzzing inside. Are you still in warranty? There aren't a whole lots of electronics that can cause a buzz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    That is so weird... :) OK, so likely something electronic buzzing inside. Are you still in warranty? There aren't a whole lots of electronics that can cause a buzz.
    Yes, I’m still in warranty. I bought it less than a year ago.
  • billsey
    Get in touch with Acer support to see what they say...
  • Kelvinoss

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Get in touch with Acer support to see what they say...
    Yeah I already did, in the mail I received it said they would reply within 72 hours, but it’s already 8 days and they still didn’t reply to me.