New member with writer query Aspire XC 895

zapper3
zapper3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello
I am new to this forum and would like some info regarding my new Aspire XC 895 desktop pc. I would like to install a dvd/cd writer but there is no info regarding which model is most suitable. Can someone help with this and I assume I will need to remove the front to install a writer and bezel . Will I also require a cable to contect writer to the motherboard? I am not too computer literate so plain english will be best for me to follow.
Thanks zapper3

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I've just wandered Amazon in the past, looking for one that meets my spec... I'd likely make sure it writes Dual Layer DVDs, but not go to the extra expense for a Blue-Ray.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    It's a standard slim line drive, like what used to go in laptops. You will likely need a SATA cable, but the power should be there on the supply wiring already. Choose one that comes with a bezel, I think they just have a blank in your case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zapper3
    zapper3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks billsey for your help. There seems to be lots of acer writers available to buy. Is there a particular model # you can recommend. I think you are right there is a blank plate on the front. I may remove the side panel and see what cable is needed.
    Zapper3
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I've just wandered Amazon in the past, looking for one that meets my spec... I'd likely make sure it writes Dual Layer DVDs, but not go to the extra expense for a Blue-Ray.