Compatability TC 860

ralphjxnxnxn
ralphjxnxnxn Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have a TC 860 (i5 8400, gt 1030), I'm planning on upgrading to 1660 super, will it fit? does my pc support pcie 3.0 x 16? can my pc handle the 1660 super (tempers)?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the HDD hangs down too much it would make it so you would be unable to fit the GPU card in, but it sounds like your should work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• I have a TC 860 (i5 8400, gt 1030), I'm planning on upgrading to 1660 super, will it fit? does my pc support pcie 3.0 x 16? can my pc handle the 1660 super (tempers)?

Your TC860 will handle the GeForce GTX 1660 Super (4.37" high, 5.7" long by 2-slots wide) and needs 450W PS. But, your OEM GT 1030 (4.72” high, 5.4” long by 2-slots wide) and needs a 300 W PS, so and as you can see that you need to increase your PS.

I would recommend a 550W PS. The size of the GeForce GTX 1660 Super is a bit longer but not higher so it should fit at the end space of  the RAM and bottom of the case but, measure those measurements and see if the GeForce GTX 1660 Super fits? The mainboards will handle 3.0 PCIe x16 of the GTX 1660 Super and should work well.

• ralphjxnxnxn
    StevenGen said:
    I have a TC 860 (i5 8400, gt 1030), I'm planning on upgrading to 1660 super, will it fit? does my pc support pcie 3.0 x 16? can my pc handle the 1660 super (tempers)?

Your TC860 will handle the GeForce GTX 1660 Super (4.37" high, 5.7" long by 2-slots wide) and needs 450W PS. But, your OEM GT 1030 (4.72” high, 5.4” long by 2-slots wide) and needs a 300 W PS, so and as you can see that you need to increase your PS.

I would recommend a 550W PS. The size of the GeForce GTX 1660 Super is a bit longer but not higher so it should fit at the end space of  the RAM and bottom of the case but, measure those measurements and see if the GeForce GTX 1660 Super fits? The mainboards will handle 3.0 PCIe x16 of the GTX 1660 Super and should work well.

do i need to adjust the insides of my unit? as far as I can tell the best thing to do is just have it installed in the store that I'm going to buy my gpu from, am I right? thank you for your answer
  • billsey
    The only thing they might need to take into account is if you have a HDD installed. That might hang down into the space the card wants...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ralphjxnxnxn
    billsey said:
    The only thing they might need to take into account is if you have a HDD installed. That might hang down into the space the card wants...
    May I know what problem it will do?
  • ralphjxnxnxn
    billsey said:
    I have a palit gtx 1660 super stormx it's a mini card i'm pretty confident it fits. Thank you for the answer!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    If the HDD hangs down too much it would make it so you would be unable to fit the GPU card in, but it sounds like your should work.
  • ralphjxnxnxn
    billsey said:
    I just got the gpu now, do i need to update bios after installing it? Anyways, thank you for bwing my guide since 2019, Merry Christmas good sir!
  • billsey
    No, you shouldn't need any BIOS updates for the GPU. And you're welcome. :)