USB power always on Aspire TC-895

JamesScreech
JamesScreech Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have an Aspire TC-895, when I first bought it the USB ports powered down when I switched the PC off. But a few weeks ago they started to stay on, first just occasionally but now they are on all the time unless I physically unplug the desktop. As I have a USB gadget (Hypno cube) plugged in all the time it now stays on unless I unplug it.

How can I get the computer to power down the USB ports again when the computer is powered down?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure that the computer is shutting down and not suspending or hibernating? Try disabling fast startup in power options.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Try restoring the bios to the default configuration and also check the acer quick access.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamesScreech
    Try restoring the bios to the default configuration and also check the acer quick access.
    Resetting the bios had no effect and there is nothing in quick access relating to USB power, just blue light and network sharing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure that the computer is shutting down and not suspending or hibernating? Try disabling fast startup in power options.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JamesScreech
    Fast startup was the problem. Thank you for the help.
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer