Will an Acer Aspire TC 780 need an upgraded power supply if I install a RTX 2060 GPU?

Options
R32500
R32500 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello. I have bought a new GPU. Nvvida RTX 2060. Will the Aspire TC 780 need a new power supply with this card or not?

First time I am installing a new GPU, the GPU is still in the mail but should arrive soon.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The TC-780 came with either a 220W or 300W PSU, so either way you'll need a bigger one. It uses a standard ATX supply, so you have lots and lots of choices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check your PSU, if it's less than 500W, you need minimum 500W PSU for the new graphics card.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 User Guide
  • R32500
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check your PSU, if it's less than 500W, you need minimum 500W PSU for the new graphics card.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 User Guide
    Hello, thanks for the reply. But I cant seem to find anywhere how much watt there is in my psu?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi,
    There should be a label on the PSU, note the name and any part numbers on it, do a search online.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The TC-780 came with either a 220W or 300W PSU, so either way you'll need a bigger one. It uses a standard ATX supply, so you have lots and lots of choices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • R32500
    Options
    billsey said:

If I install a 3060 rtx will 500 watts be sufficient?
  • billsey
    Options
    According to NVIDIA it will. I believe some of the bigger 30 series require even more, but not the 3060.
  • vivbass
    vivbass Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    According to NVIDIA it will. I believe some of the bigger 30 series require even more, but not the 3060.
    Hi guys, so the GeForce RTX 3060 12GB is compatible with the TC-780? Thanks in advance. 
  • billsey
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you upgrade the power supply as noted, yes. :)