CPU cooling fan for acer aspire XC-703G

mbrown39
mbrown39 Member Posts: 4 New User
I haven't been able to find a replacement CPU cooling fan for my wife's ACER Aspire XC-703G. Any help would be appreciated. Noisy!

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    mbrown39 said:
    I haven't been able to find a replacement CPU cooling fan for my wife's ACER Aspire XC-703G. Any help would be appreciated. Noisy!

The LGA 1170 doesn't have a CPU cooling fan per say like the LGA1150, it has a special heatsink with mounting clips which has a special fan screwed into it as in the caption below. If your fan has stopped working, then measure the fan size and try to get just the fan, you could replace it with a laptop fan or similar as these fans are not available and you will just have to search for one, good luck finding one =) 

Aspire XC-703G Motherboard with the Intel Celeron J1900 / 2 GHz CPU

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    mbrown39 said:

The LGA 1170 doesn't have a CPU cooling fan per say like the LGA1150, it has a special heatsink with mounting clips which has a special fan screwed into it as in the caption below. If your fan has stopped working, then measure the fan size and try to get just the fan, you could replace it with a laptop fan or similar as these fans are not available and you will just have to search for one, good luck finding one =) 

Aspire XC-703G Motherboard with the Intel Celeron J1900 / 2 GHz CPU
  • mbrown39
    mbrown39 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for the rapid response. Do you know if there is a source for the whole assembly?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,651 Trailblazer
    No, Acer only sells it bundled in the motherboard assembly. There might be others out there, but I doubt there's a cross reference.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JHollar86
    JHollar86 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I own this system and had the same issue.   ( Evercool sells a 30mm and 40mm fan that fit this heat sink and has the same 3 pin connectors  Amazon 7-10 bucks.)