3rd party power supplier for Acer XC-895

willkirkham
willkirkham Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Does any know of a 3rd party power supplier for Acer XC-895. Currently it has the orignal power supply of 180 watts.I need to upgrade to 300 watts so I can fit a low profile graphics card.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That uses the new style ATX12VO power supply. There are a few of them now and more all the time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

Decided to try and return said pc to currys due power suppl issue they should make people aware re under powered psu when trying to fit a gpu,which is impossible.
  • billsey
    The stock supply is just fine for it as shipped... Not Curry's fault that you wanted to take it beyond that. I expect to see more and more of the ATX12VO supplies as time passes, they should be cheaper to produce than the old ATX supplies, which will translate to more margins for the manufacturers at least initially.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

Hi Billsey that maybe so ,Acer being ahead of the game, looks like they have been using these psu for a couple of years. No its not Currys fault its acers ,but they advise that I bought it there so its Currys problem not theirs! They only make the ***** things! Still does not solve my problem. Acer should warn you that adding a gpu is not an option,and I would have looked else where. Now I am left with something i can half use, I spoke to parts department and customer service and I am about to send a complaint. I have noted others have the same problem so acer must be aware!
  • billsey
    Well, Acer ships machines with ATX12VO and wattages much higher than your 180W, so they are obviously out there. Have you looked for a replacement yet?
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

Acer support technician suggested 'you can order a bigger case and run two power supplies to accommodate the GPU'. Whats that about? I suggest they send me bigger case and power supply,at there exspense (awaiting response to that not holding my breath). Furhter research has lead me to conclude there is not a 300w psu for the xc series but there is for tc series (bigger case) I have requested refund from both Acer and currys, emails to currys have fallen on deaf ears, no reply!If you telephone currys your given the run around automated voice suggests help page on line, you dont get to talk to anyone (in this day and age of easy communication) its not acceptable, rubbish service!
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

Update, Currys have agreed to refund me! Yipee. Learned a lot about Acer throught this brief process, cannot recommend them . Decided to build my own pc a bit more expensive but I know it will work and be fit for purpose. Seasons Greetings to one and all on this community.