Acer GFORCE GX 281 no signal on monitor screen

perahl
perahl Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have a PC Acer GFORCE GX 281 (2017) and need help to find a solution why I dont get any videosignal on my screen on monitor. The problem popup from one day to another. PC is running with lights and I can see the fan running on mothercard and graphic card. No error PIP noice from PC at all. Not so easy to find out what to do because I cant see anything  at all on screen. On the screen it says no signal. Normally if a disk with Windows OS is failing you always still can se black screen with white text but not in my case. This I have tested:

- another monitor
- different cable
- different output from graphic card
- try with another graphic card but not same model only PCE E standard (without some contacts)
- taken out graphic card without power and not put it back again with power
- taken out Intel SSD disk 256 GB and first cleaning contacts and put it back again
- taken out the backup battery on mothercard and back again for reset reason
- hold the powerbutton for 15 sek without powercable
- memory card has been taking out and back again

My own idea:
- maybe  Intel SSD disk SSD 800P series is faulty with the Windows OS? 
- maybe it is the graphic card and I have not a simular one to test with
- something wrong with the mothercard?
- something wrong with BIOS?

Because of I have no signal to screen it is impossibly to find out what to do. Would like to here som ideas about solution what to do from this forum.

Regards

perahl

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It could easily be the GPU and unfortunately the GX-281 model doesn't have onboard video ports so you can't test by removing the card. You could verify the network has come up by looking in the router to see if it has a lease and then pinging the address. The disk can be either SATA3 or NVMe and Windows has no issues with either. If the OS had been setup to allow remote desktop connections you might be able to get in to verify the OS is running through that, but by default Windows doesn't have that configured...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • perahl
    Thanks for this answer and I will soon test if it works to see if Windows is running by the network.
  • perahl
    edited December 2020
    billsey said:
    It could easily be the GPU and unfortunately the GX-281 model doesn't have onboard video ports so you can't test by removing the card. You could verify the network has come up by looking in the router to see if it has a lease and then pinging the address. The disk can be either SATA3 or NVMe and Windows has no issues with either. If the OS had been setup to allow remote desktop connections you might be able to get in to verify the OS is running through that, but by default Windows doesn't have that configured...
    Hi. I have now tested to have my PC connected to the router with network cable and I could not notice any new IP-adress from my PC. Does this means that the CPU processor is faulty or something else? Any idea about what to do next?

Regards

perahl
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yeah, if the router doesn't give a lease to the system then the network stack isn't loading, so likely the OS isn't either. :( That does mean it's less likely to be the GPU and more likely the motherboard. If it were a corrupted OS or bad HDD you'd at least get the splash screen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • perahl
    billsey said:
    Yeah, if the router doesn't give a lease to the system then the network stack isn't loading, so likely the OS isn't either. :( That does mean it's less likely to be the GPU and more likely the motherboard. If it were a corrupted OS or bad HDD you'd at least get the splash screen.
    Thanks for this answer// perahl