Acer SF314-41-r2xf cpu fan often is turn on

eddydl
eddydl Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi everyone!
I bought 6 months ago an Swift 3 with Ryzen 5 3500U. Four months ago I installed the second HDD in own dedicated slot and I upgraded the Ram till 12gb in total. All  worked fine! From some weeks I noticed that the cpu fan is often turn on than before, though the Cpu is almost Idle mode (2-5%). I tried restore default values in Bios and during this operation I noticed that the fan was even more speed. Today, I've done a complete restore of Windows 10, but nothing is changed. I've checked the temperatures by SpeedFan ( like showed below). I've detected the Temp2 is only that go up, above 50° until 70°.

At the moment, in Power setting (System cooling policy), I regulated on Passive when the Acer is plug in as well and it seems better.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    HI eddydl, thank you for your interest in Acer forums, to my understanding is that your unit is using more power, and fans are activated more often. Are you getting any errors or issues with the unit performance? 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • eddydl

Tinkerer

Thanks for you reply. I've done a restore of the window OS. No issues. I noticed that the problems is severe when the notebook is plug in the power cable. In battery mode seems normal. 
  • eddydl

Tinkerer

I've now discovered that the problem was Radeon software. Leave windows update drivers running and remove other. one
    Thanks for supporting
  • morwena
    morwena Member Posts: 1 New User
    @eddydl, hey mate how did u solve this? Can u explain a little bit more detailed please?