M290 Bios Fail

bobbyjoe
bobbyjoe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have tried to update my bios to p02.a1 following the instructions 

1- Make a MS-DOS Bootable Flash Drive (USB key)

2- Download the bios file.zip

3- Copy AFUDOS.EXE, FLASH.BAT and P02-A1.2M on USB key.

4- Boot on USB key.

5- When you are on MS-DOS, type the command FLASH.BAT

6- If it's flash successfully, reboot your system (normally, it reboot automatically).

7- Enter on the bios setup utility, "Load optimazed defaults"...

When it boots in dos mode i input flash.bat and all i get is "problem opening file to read" .

Is it still impossable to flash this bios as i have been told by startech that i need to flash the bios as my pci e addapter wont work. Iam running win 10 pro, 8gb memory,intel i5.2400@ 3.10ghz, nvidea gtx1650 graphics card (hence why i need addapter covers a slot i need ) is it to old to flash and a newer board needed.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Boot to Windows, extract the BIOS zip file to your computer. Enter the folder created and then into the WIN folder. Double click on the WFLASH.BAT file and let it update the BIOS. There's no need to do anything in a DOS boot from USB. If you want to watch more closely as the install happens you can instead open an Administrative command prompt, CD to the WIN directory and run the batch file from the command line.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.