Can I put a gigabyte B365m DS3H motherboard into a TC-885

Dark_Sim
Dark_Sim Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I would like to change the basic motherboard: b36h4-ad of my pc: Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14 and I would like to know if it fits a gigabyte b365m ds3h and is it compatible knowing that I have just change the power supply

Answers

• Dark_Sim said:
    I would like to change the basic motherboard: b36h4-ad of my pc: Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14 and I would like to know if it fits a gigabyte b365m ds3h and is it compatible knowing that I have just change the power supply
    The PS has a certain amount of a bearing on running a system but, that is only for what type of gpu and peripherals you run. The Gigabyte B365m will fit but you will not be able to connect all the Aspire TC-885-ES14 case connectors like USB audio etc that the TC-885 has on its case, as all these connections are integrated into the TC-885-ES14 b36h4-mainboard and this mainboard is designed specifically for the TC-885-ES14 case. best is to use the TC-885-ES14 cpu, ram and use another case on the Gigabyte B365m and put a higher end gpu, that is what I would do if you want to upgrade as the Gigabyte B365m mainboards can't be integrated into the TC-885-ES14 case fully, you have to put up with a compromise, have a look at both boards and how different they are.

.TC-885-ES14 b36h4-mainboard

Gigabyte B365m mainboard

• Dark_Sim
    thank you but does the dimension fit
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    Dark_Sim said:
    thank you but does the dimension fit
    Yes it does but I dont know if the mounting screw points are there like an OEM case that can take different ATX mainboards, get the Gigabyte B365m dimensions and measure and see if you have those mounting points inside the TC-885-ES14 case so you can mount the Gigabyte B365m mainboard.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,445 Trailblazer
    It looks like the Gigabyte B365m is a uATX form factor, which is wider than the DTX used in the TC-885. There might be enough room in the case, but it's going to be close. The outer mounting screws likely won't have the standoffs to screw them in place.
    FileComparison ATX ATX DTX ITX mini-DTXsvg

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dark_Sim
    thank you very much and i also have another question would the start button f-panel connectors and everything be compatible to the gigabyte f-panel
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,445 Trailblazer
    I would expect you can get the power button to work, the ports shown on that front extension to the board will not be accessible.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dark_Sim
    ok thank you very much i will probably buy it to replace it and it was above all that i wanted it to fit and that i could start it was the most important obviously
  • Dark_Sim said:
    ok thank you very much i will probably buy it to replace it and it was above all that i wanted it to fit and that i could start it was the most important obviously
    Below is another detailed diagram (with dimensions) that shows the differences better to what 'billsey' is saying, which I've tried to explain to you above, the uATX is referred to below as the Micro-ATX which is 9.635" x9.625" while the TC-885 OEM mainboard (as 'billsey' says and quotes) is a DTX which is a 9.60" x 3.00". You can use the same mounting holes as the DTX TC-885 OEM mainboard and case has, then check if the TC-885 has the other required mounting points for a uATX? I don't know? As you will have to check that out for yourself.  

As I've said before, measure your TC-885 OEM mainboard and case (and determine its form factor and case size) and then compare it to the new Gigabyte B365M's dimensions and inspect the mounting points for the new board in the uATX form factor, simple.