Acer Aspire E1-571 Wireless problems

I have fairly recently bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop, however since I have had it, the wireless signal has been rediculously poor. I have two routers in my house and am able to detect both of them, however the signal is so low that I am completely unable to actually connect unless I am within about 5-6 feet of the router.

Every other laptop in the house connects fine, including my brothers V5-571, which uses the exact same wireless card as mine (Broadcom 802.11n).

I have tried updating the driver software, no change. I have played with the settings a good bit and nothing made any difference. 

I don't really want to have to return the laptop, (I'd probably be better off buying a new card than a more advanced laptop for all I need it for Smiley Tongue)

Any ideas on why my particular laptop has such a bad signal when the same adapter works on my brothers laptop, and any suggestions on how I may fix it?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie

UPDATE: Managed to fix the problem, turned out the antenna wasn't connected properly to the wireless chip. Once I reconnected it, the wireless started working fine.

I did, however, notice that there is only ONE antenna present, where I was led to belive there should be two. Every image I have seen shows a black and a white antenna, but my laptop only has the black one.

Is this likely to cause a problem? The wireless appears to be working fine now, but will my range/speed be limited with only one antenna?

This discussion has been closed.