TC-895 PSU Help

DS549
DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi
Bought the TC-895 (DT.BETEK.004} with a £100 saving over the black friday weekend. I realised that the power was rated at 180w but was not aware it is the ATX12VO standard. I don't intend to fit a graphics card but I hope to install a 256gb SSD (2.5") which I already have and possibly fit a case fan if needed. Does anyone know if the 180W PSU will power these ? I did try the Newegg power supply calculator but it tells me that the components installed by Acer use 198w........(?)
Thanks for any advice.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The standard power supply is more than plenty for those mods.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    The standard power supply is more than plenty for those mods.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DS549
    Thanks billsey,
    I have a spare 500w ATX supply which I thought I could use. Then I saw your post showing a photo of motherboard..... Looks like I'll need to wait for ATX12VO psu's become available if I want to install a graphics card.
  • billsey
    Yep, and it's taking the PSU manufacturers their own sweet time to get them out into the secondary market. I imagine they are thinking the upgrade market on these system will take a year or two to take off, so they won't sell as well as they want...
  • DS549
    On the subject of power, does anyone make/supply the sata power leads that connect to motherboard.....?
  • billsey
    Yes, Acer has those on their spare parts lists. What is your exact model?
  • DS549
    Acer lists the model number as DT.BETEK.004 on their UK website: (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/DT.BETEK.004)
    Hope this is of use............

• billsey
    That page says the model name is Aspire TC-895, so we can work off that. That Acer part number is: 50.VQED3.001. It looks like they have bought those from several different vendors, but they are all identical and use that same number.
  • DS549
    Thanks billsey - I'll give Acer UK a call tomorrow
  • billsey
    If they don't have it in stock just Google for a bit, there are liable to be more sources...