Bluetooth just stopped working- Aspire T3-710

BillHobbs
BillHobbs Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Have tried everything I have found on the net - nothing works - is this related to the last windows upgrade
In the device manager - the screen keeps refreshing 
Aspire T3-710 

Edited the Topic to add model number
Acer- Erick

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Dos the WiFi work? WiFi and Bluetooth are on the same card. I assume you've already tried a full power cycle on the machine? MS might have done a driver update that's broken, it's certainly happened in the past... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Dos the WiFi work? WiFi and Bluetooth are on the same card. I assume you've already tried a full power cycle on the machine? MS might have done a driver update that's broken, it's certainly happened in the past... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BillHobbs
    Thanks - I really tried everything I could see for possible solutions - ended up buying a BT dongle from Amazon - plugged it in and go to go.
    Thanks again for you response 
  • BillHobbs said:
    Have tried everything I have found on the net - nothing works - is this related to the last windows upgrade
    In the device manager - the screen keeps refreshing 
    Aspire T3-710 

That’s impossible for your BT to not work, what is the exact cards manufacturer and model number? As uninstalling your old BT driver completely and then reinstalling the new driver is the first thing to do and the way to go. Then and after you have rebooted an logged into Win-10 press the F3 key first or the F3 + Fn keys together to activate both WiFi and BT. If that doesn’t work then your WiFi/BT card could be faulty, which is highly unlikely as these cards are very reliable and very rarely go wrong. Give us more details so that we can steer you in the right direction but, seeing that you “ended up buying a BT dongle from Amazon” then its useless unless, you want to get your WiFi/BT card working, which btw it will unless its faulty?  

• BillHobbs
    StevenGen - Thanks for the comments.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times - The dongle is working fine.  Ill pull it on the weekend and follow your recommendation 

The installed Bluetooth is  and Intel Wireless - it currently says

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful."
  • BillHobbs said:
    StevenGen - Thanks for the comments.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times - The dongle is working fine.  Ill pull it on the weekend and follow your recommendation 

The installed Bluetooth is  and Intel Wireless - it currently says

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful."
    This is fine as reinstalling the driver is one of the remedies to fix ""This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" but, have a look at these fixes “How to Fix Error Code 31 in Windows 10/8/7 [EASILY]” here:  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/code-31-in-device-manager-fixed/ good luck.