Acer helios 300 g3-571 not turning on

eminem2ka9
eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was just listening to music and the laptop switched off, it was fully charged. Tried to turn it back on and the light comes up for 3 seconds and goes off. It still charges. The keyboard light up for a split second too. I'm worries because I'm in college and have my files on it. It's also a 2017 model and I'm worries that age is playing a factor. I removed and inserted the batteries and ram, loose wires, the switch beside ram tray and anything blown, it seems fine so could it be the motherboard? 😣

Answers

• eminem2ka9
    I'm trying to take out the ssd bit the screw is so tight. Any help?pls
  • eminem2ka9
    The fans also momentarily turn on if it matters, then shuts off again
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,274 Community Administrator

eminem2ka9

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your unit, I recommend a power reset:

1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.

If the instructions above did not help, please contact your local Acer Support.

Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

• Ro46
    Ro46 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    I was just listening to music and the laptop switched off, it was fully charged. Tried to turn it back on and the light comes up for 3 seconds and goes off. It still charges. The keyboard light up for a split second too. I'm worries because I'm in college and have my files on it. It's also a 2017 model and I'm worries that age is playing a factor. I removed and inserted the batteries and ram, loose wires, the switch beside ram tray and anything blown, it seems fine so could it be the motherboard? 😣
    A repair shop may be able to remove your important files from the HDD to recover the data. 
  • eminem2ka9
    Ro46 said:
    A repair shop may be able to remove your important files from the HDD to recover the data. 
    Late reply but i fixed this problem, i found out it was an issue with my LCD cable. I ordered in a new cable and bam! it's working again.. i did however have another probem with my battery, when i had my laptop open and because i am missing screws from the battery so it's not held in... i think you know where this is going, i told myself not 'to do the 'thing.. the battery fell out and took the port with it right off the motherboard. Now i have to use a charger constantly and the turboboost does not work while only on charger. pity.