I have an Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-532 that it is showing the screen Chrome OS is missing or damaged.

jfranciel
jfranciel Member Posts: 2 New User
I reset it more than 30 times and the result is the same, I have tried with the Tool for repair Chromebooks from Google and becouse I am from Cuba, it is not working so it tell me that have only offline functions. I also tried to download the Chrome OS for Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-532 (https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos/recovery/chromeos_11647.154.0_banon_recovery_stable-channel_mp.bin.zip) but send me Error 404. 
I really appreciate your help.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try this link instead. If that doesn't work there might be a problem with the eMMC drive, which pretty much requires a motherboard replacement. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Try this link instead. If that doesn't work there might be a problem with the eMMC drive, which pretty much requires a motherboard replacement. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jfranciel
    jfranciel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you @billsey for your help, it resolv my problem
  • billsey
    Great news! :)
  • ShaoLyn
    ShaoLyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    My daughter has this same chromebook, and is currently having the same issue.. 

i tried using the Chromebook Recovery Utility.. no luck.. the utility would get to writing and just disappear without finishing..
    i tried downloading Chromium OS because I was just gonna overwrite everything and give her a new OS.. it just said that the usb i installed didnt contain Chrome OS..
    then I found this post..
    i downloaded the file at the link Billsey provided, used etcher to create a bootable usb, and inserted it and the screen went to black, which is better results than I got it to do all night tonight.. but i cant get it to go into developer mode or force it to boot off the usb..

any detailed ideas.. all the ***** i keep finding on google search isnt helping me.. lol.. any help would be appreciated..

Shawn
  • ShaoLyn
    ShaoLyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    well i no sooner posted that post and decided to restart the laptop and when i did, it started the recovery process, which was successful..
  • billsey
    Heheh, it was just tweaking you to try and get a rise... :)
  • ChrisRoq
    ChrisRoq Member Posts: 1 New User
    im downloading it for my acer now (altho idk why when its no longer supported and mostly good as a door stop) i'll get back to you on my success Billsey