Looking for the motherboard manual for a TC-895-EB11

HarryOhrn
HarryOhrn Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
Hi. I've look everywhere I can think of so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I just made and online purchase from BestBuy for a TC-895-EB11 and would like to find the motherboard manual and a clear picture of the board if that is possible. Thanks in advance :)

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    There isn't a motherboard manual per se, only the Service Guide, which isn't publicly available. Here's a picture cropped from the SG of the motherboard:
    Of note: the form factor is DTX with the front ports extended to the front of the case and the power is the new ATX12VO standard that came out this year. That means it's a bit harder to find larger PSUs yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Sure, here it is:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, I don't think there's any support for Legacy BIOSes, either directly or through CSM.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    There isn't a motherboard manual per se, only the Service Guide, which isn't publicly available. Here's a picture cropped from the SG of the motherboard:
    Of note: the form factor is DTX with the front ports extended to the front of the case and the power is the new ATX12VO standard that came out this year. That means it's a bit harder to find larger PSUs yet.
  • HarryOhrn
    Thank you. I've read elsewhere that the motherboard is an ACER B46H5-AD. I can't find a manual on one of those either. However I really don't need on. The picture you've attached is great. What I really needed to see is where the m.2 connection is. Which is #8 by the looks of it :)
  • billsey
    That's the one. :)
  • HarryOhrn
    I have another question. I purchased a WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe Internal SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280 to install on this board. I have plenty of screws kicking around as well as stand offs. Will I need to pull the mobo and place a standoff to accept the screw for the ssd or will the board itself be threaded to accept the screw? Thanks again.
  • kqian111
    kqian111 Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Yes that's the m2 slot for SSD. There should already be an SSD installed in that slot
  • HarryOhrn
    The system I bought doesn't come with an ssd installed. I purchased an m.2 online. The system nor the ssd  haven't  arrived yet but should be here in a few days. In anticipation of installing the ssd I was wondering if the mobo will accept a screw as is or if I have to pull the board to add a standard below before I can screw the ssd down. Thanks.
  • billsey
    Yeah, they install the standoff on the MB even if the SKU isn't going to have it installed. They often do not put a screw in the standoff though. M2x3mm with the wider head is normal.
  • HarryOhrn
    Thank you billsey. I have a lot of screws kicking around. I generally build my own systems but the Black Friday price on this little Acer was too good to pass up. This is the first time I'll be adding an NVMe ssd. Generally I just use SATA's but it looks like this board has limited connectors for SATA's so I thought I'd plug in an NVMe to use for the OS and use the included 1TB HDD for storage. The system should be here by Dec. 1st.
  • billsey
    You should find the NVMe drive to be somewhat faster than the SATA drives you are used to. Make sure you pick a drive with PCIe x4, not x2. The x2 drives are the same throughput as SATA 3.0.
  • HarryOhrn
    Thanks. I purchased a WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe Internal SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280
  • Cfdalinch84
    Cfdalinch84 Member Posts: 3 New User
    will their ever be a mobo manual or service guide released? or where can i find a download of one?
  • HarryOhrn
    according to billsey there is no publicly available service guide. I've look all over the place and cannot find one. It appears that this board is only minimally upgradeable anyway. But I like having a service guide which describes the various ports and BIOS settings. Oh well this is Acer's build and not a custom build so they get to do as they please.
  • billsey
    Yes, Acer does not release the Service Guides to the public. We, as Acer Aces, have access to them and can post snippets, such as the MB diagram above, but we can't post the manuals themselves.
  • HarryOhrn
    billsey said:
    Yes, Acer does not release the Service Guides to the public. We, as Acer Aces, have access to them and can post snippets, such as the MB diagram above, but we can't post the manuals themselves.
    Is it possible to post the legend that goes with the numbers on the mobo pic you posted? thanks
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Sure, here it is:

• HarryOhrn
    Thanks billsey. That is very helpful :)
  • HarryOhrn
    m.2 ssd installed and cloned using Macrium Reflect. I couldn't find a screw so I just taped the ssd down with some paper tape. No biggie. If I get to a BestBuy sometime I'll see if they have a screw that will fit. Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for a BIOS Manual for this thing to see if I can change the boot type to enable CSM however I can live without that too. Have a good Christmas and Holiday Season.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, I don't think there's any support for Legacy BIOSes, either directly or through CSM.
  • KCJones333
    KCJones333 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi HarryOhrn et all,

I just bought the same computer.  Looking to add the M 2 SSD as well.  I stopped staying up to date with system builds years ago before SSDs were really a thing (I know, I'm getting old).  The guy at Best Buy wasn't very helpful as to which type of SSD it required IE if it has 2 sets of teeth or 3.  I've built systems before, but just never with an SSD.  Any direction for installing such a creature would be greatly appreciated.  Being that it's a 2280 I would guess there's only one configuration for connecting it but want to be sure as if I'd bought the SSD from them, I was told it's final sale.

Thanks in advance,

Casey
  • HarryOhrn
    Hi KCJ - You will need to install an m.2 (two teeth) . It is a bit of a PITA getting one physically  installed. but with the pictures that billsey provided of the board and the video at this link you should have no problem Acer Aspire Desktop M.2 SSD Upgrade, Memory Upgrade & Additional HDD - YouTube . Make certain you tell BestBuy that you need the mounting screw or you'll have to do like I did and tape the ssd down once you install it. I purchased a WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe Internal SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280 and it works very well. You may wish to go with another brand. Just make sure it is a Gen 3 x4 and it should be OK. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the drive. It is free and works very well. However when you create the bootable Macrium Reflect usb stick you need to start the system into the BIOS (press the Del key) Go tot he Advanced Tab->Integrated Peripherals->Onboard SATA and change it from Intel RST to AHCI . Then save and restart with the Macrium Reflect stick or else you get stuck when trying to load the drivers on the stick. After you clone your old drive to the new m.2 ssd you have to repeat the change in the BIOS back to Intel RST Premium or the ssd won't finish the boot into Windows. Good luck with your purchase.