I think my mobo limits my GPU

NexyX5
NexyX5 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I just bought a MOBO (Acer B75H2-AM) but i see my Games works on lower fps than on older mobo. Is there a option in bios that limits my graphics card? 
Sorry for category i dont know what category i need to choose for this question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    What computer did the MB come out of? What processor are you using? What memory are you using?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NexyX5
    NexyX5 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2020

I think my mobo is from a Acer Veriton m4620g
    20 GB ram DDR3 (2x8,2x2),
    Processor I7-3770-S 3.1ghz
    GPU GTX 1060 6 gb.
    Power supply Seasonic Focus, 80+ Gold, 650W

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    So the GPU slot is PCIe v3.0 x16. That shouldn't cause issues with the card. There were two motherboard configurations (at least), the early ones without UEFI and the later ones with. If yours were the early type I would expect the card to not work at all. You are already past spec on the memory, spec says up to 4GB per slot, but they might have just not tested with 8GB back then. What speed of memory is in it? Specs says 1066, 1333 and 1600 are supported. What are you using for a boot drive, HDD or SSD?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.