I am trying to replace the Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 11 (AO1-131-C12P) with Ububtu

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Aspire A715-71G-554N?.

Answers

• Amitav64
    Amitav64 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I too am trying to replace the Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 11 (AO1-131-C12P) with Ububtu. I have no problem booting up with the live usb (using noapic to prevent kernel panic), but when I try to install, the Ubuntu only sees the usb storage and cannot see the on board 32 MB disk. Any ideas how to solve this?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Has the emmc disk been wiped clean of Windows and EXT4 formatted? It cannot be dual booted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hwertz
    hwertz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just like to comment, it IS possible -- I have Ubuntu 20.04 on one right now.   Still have 17GB space free on it too.  I don't recall having to do anything unusual, maybe 18.04 didn't support the MMC controller or something hardware but 20.04 does (... I'm running the "Ubuntu HWE" kernel so I haven't updated to Ubuntu 22.04 yet but I am running an Ubuntu 22.04 kernel.)  I'm running "Ubuntu flashback" desktop.  I don't use it as my daily driver (I usually plug a USB HD into it and have it serving it over the wifi) but when I did some browsing on it, it seemed fine -- 2GB RAM and CPU speed are not much but enough to do a reasonable job.  It does boot pretty fast.