I can’t get out of the “preparing automatic repair” screen

Pleasehelpmw
Pleasehelpmw Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have tried factory reset but it leads me back to the repair screen, I have gone through BIOS and I have done f12.
Please help, it’s urgent. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Then unplug the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for 30 seconds. Then plug the charge back in. Turn the machine on again. If it still gives the same result, press and hold power button again till the machine turns off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Follow directions to reset the PC again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pleasehelpmw

Tinkerer

How do I remove the charger
    i have an acer aspire 3
  • JackE
    Simply pull the AC charger's plug out of the computer's battery charge jack. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pleasehelpmw

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Then unplug the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for 30 seconds. Then plug the charge back in. Turn the machine on again. If it still gives the same result, press and hold power button again till the machine turns off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Follow directions to reset the PC again. Jack E/NJ
    I have tried these and it didn’t work
  • JackE
    Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Does HDD0 or HDD1 show up in the BIOS Information tab? If yes, make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Shut the machine off again and try the ALT+F10 reset at least two more times. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ