Why wont it work?

Domination216
Domination216 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I’ve had this laptop for about 2 years and something weird happened. I was using it like usually and then it just shut off. I tried to put it on charge for an hour, didnt turn on. Took it off charge, didnt turn on. And not even the charging lights turn on.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    I’ve had this laptop for about 2 years and something weird happened. I was using it like usually and then it just shut off. I tried to put it on charge for an hour, didnt turn on. Took it off charge, didnt turn on. And not even the charging lights turn on.
    What is the model of your laptop? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
  • Domination216
    StevenGen said:
    I have an acer predator helios 300. Sorry for the accepted answer im new to this website.
  • Virmana
    Virmana Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon

i'm in the same boat, today it just powered right off. My blue power light, fans and keyboard backlight appears for 2 seconds then back off again. Every now and then just the blue light stays on for exactly 5 seconds then off again. I tried resetting the battery and taking out the hdd and ram, i just can't take out the ssd cus the screw is too tight.
  • Domination216
    Virmana said:

i'm in the same boat, today it just powered right off. My blue power light, fans and keyboard backlight appears for 2 seconds then back off again. Every now and then just the blue light stays on for exactly 5 seconds then off again. I tried resetting the battery and taking out the hdd and ram, i just can't take out the ssd cus the screw is too tight.
    That has happened to me as well but today its not coming back on. I think it might be dead if not even the charging light is coming on.
  • Virmana said:

That has happened to me as well but today its not coming back on. I think it might be dead if not even the charging light is coming on.
    Does the laptop work on the charger or mains pugged in or does it do the same? If it turnsoff, try to remove the battery and press the on button for 30s without the machine been powered up, then place the battery in again, and see if it powers on and/or it fixes the problem.