Laptop (PH315-53-72XD) won't turn on

Hthunder
Hthunder Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Was playing warthunder and it shut off mid game. It won't turn back on. I literally bought this like two weeks ago. Leaving for Iraq soon so need this fixed please.

Answers

• Hthunder

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    It makes a beep sound when I put it the charging cable in. But besides that it won't turn on and neither will the lights to show that its charging
  • speedhero
    speedhero Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,HThunder, did you solve your issue? ‘Cause I’m in the same situation like you :(

@CassieW
    Hey, could you please elaborate on “ Avoid playing those games since it is not suitable on your laptop.“? Cause my laptop gone dead during playing RedDeadRedemption 2 :(
  • Hthunder

Tinkerer

speedhero said:
    Hi,HThunder, did you solve your issue? ‘Cause I’m in the same situation like you :(

@CassieW
    Hey, could you please elaborate on “ Avoid playing those games since it is not suitable on your laptop.“? Cause my laptop gone dead during playing RedDeadRedemption 2 :(
    It turned out to be the motherboard. I sent it to Acer and they repaired it. Just go to acer support chat or call them
  • eminem2ka9
    eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I'm worries it could be my motherboard too
     I was listening to music and it switched off. Tried to turn it back on and i see the blue power light for about 2 seconds then it turns off again. The fans and backlight turn on too and the orange charge light for a split second. Are these the same symptoms.you experienced? My model is a g3 571 and I badly need it for college.🥺
  • Hthunder

Tinkerer

I was listening to music and it switched off. Tried to turn it back on and i see the blue power light for about 2 seconds then it turns off again. The fans and backlight turn on too and the orange charge light for a split second. Are these the same symptoms.you experienced? My model is a g3 571 and I badly need it for college.🥺
    No, no lights would turn on at all. I brought it to a repair shop to find out whats wrong. But sending it to Acer is a pretty easy process
  • eminem2ka9
    eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hthunder said:
    No, no lights would turn on at all. I brought it to a repair shop to find out whats wrong. But sending it to Acer is a pretty easy process
    Ah, if it's my motherboard then I'm truly fricked. Did acer specifically mention what went wrong with the motherboard? How much was the repair as well
  • Hthunder

Tinkerer

Hthunder said:
    Ah, if it's my motherboard then I'm truly fricked. Did acer specifically mention what went wrong with the motherboard? How much was the repair as well
    The repair was free cause I still had warranty. I brought it to a regular shop just to see what was wrong. Most places will take it apart and see whats wrong either for free or for a small fee
  • speedhero
    speedhero Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yesterday I've brought mine to a retailer shop whereI bought it. I couldnt start my laptop, the battery indicator was off also even the charger was plugged in. Later, I got a call from the retailer, and they said that something was wrong with Bios that cant take the boot ( start up ) command and they send it to acer service. Anyway, they replaced me a new one. 
    Maybe there is something wrong when bios was updated. Idk. From what I remember there are also some people that have this kind of problem after updating bios.