Half of the screen is dimmer?

dongskie1432
dongskie1432 Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an issue with my Aspire 4750g. Half of the screen is dimmer than the other half and thinking that the LCD is done for but I read something about a DEMO mode and raised my hopes that the LCD needs not be replaced. Anyone here who might be able to shed some light regarding this matter? please help me. 

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    The screen is probably OK. However, heavy objects were probably placed on the closed laptop from time to time distorting the lid cover and putting pressure on the backside of the screen. If HDMI out to a TV screen doesn't show the same dark areas, then lid cover distortion is  the likely cause. You may be able to improve it somewhat by relieving pressure on the screen's backside if it isn't also distorted. You must remove the screen bezel and loosen the screws holding the screen against the lid cover. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

I tried to open it and free all the screw attached in LCD but then it doesn't disappear also it has one vertical line at the lighter side of the screen appeared when I open it. Any advise what should I do next?
  • JackE
    Please show a screenshot of your desktop. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

The screenshot is clean.
  • JackE
    OK. Now press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Post screenshot of full screen that appears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

These are all the info.
  • JackE
    Your screen still seems fine so far. Looks more like a software issue, not hardware. What applications or programs does it seem to happen? Paint? InternetExplorer? Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason other than when a cable got squished when you closed the lid? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

Yes, the only reason this started is the first one reason I say and I think no other than that. 
  • JackE
    Right click on a blank space on the desktop and change the desktop  background to something else. Does the desktop still look OK? Try a few different desktop backgrounds to make sure. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

I tried white background, I tried also to change the theme into high contrast and it makes less dimmer, you can just barely see it. I think it is because of the white in the screen that makes it less dimmer. but when I open another darker windows it comes back again.
  • dongskie1432

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    see this picture. my reference is the task bar below, you can only see the vertical line at the left side of the screen. 
  • JackE
    Select a red desktop background. Then a blue background. The a green background. Do they all look OK? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

I tried and it doesn't change anything
  • JackE
    Please post screenshots of red, blue and green desktops. Are they clear or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

Yes, all screenshot with different background is clear.
  • JackE
    So are you saying the red desktop looks like this? Why can't you post a screenshot so we can see if it's the  same? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

oh, sorry I forgot to post the screenshot
  • JackE
    Perfect. Does Device Manager have any red or yellow warning icons? If not, please click on 'Display Adapter folder. Do you see two adapters listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dongskie1432

Tinkerer

Can't see anything warning icons. And this is a screenshot of it.
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Open Paint. Does it still look like this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ