Wanna replace SSD drive - Acer GX-281-UR13

sawyerguy
sawyerguy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello Acer community.
I have a Acer GX-281-UR13 that has the windows 10 on the 256 SSD drive. I want to replace it with a 1TB SSD drive. I cannot find any information on type of SSD drive I should get. Also, where is the SSD drive hidden? Thanks for any helpful info.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    The recommended M.2 SSD size is 256GB, I couldn't find anyone installed a larger M.2 SSD in this model, so you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD up to 256GB, if you want to try larger SSD you have to do it at your own risk, the M.2 SSD is by the side of Power connector on the motherboard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I have a 2TB SSD in that slot in mine. Not an issue... Just pick up a M.2 SSD external case so you can clone the old drive to the new one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    The recommended M.2 SSD size is 256GB, I couldn't find anyone installed a larger M.2 SSD in this model, so you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD up to 256GB, if you want to try larger SSD you have to do it at your own risk, the M.2 SSD is by the side of Power connector on the motherboard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I have a 2TB SSD in that slot in mine. Not an issue... Just pick up a M.2 SSD external case so you can clone the old drive to the new one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sawyerguy
    Thks for fast response. Will follow up with my results after receiving, installing and using the replacement SSD.
  • sawyerguy
    Thks again brummyfan2 and billsey for your comments. Helped a lot. Installed a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD plus 16GB more RAM. System runs a lot faster and smoother. Left system on for two days with no overheating issues for the SSD.
  • sawyerguy said:
    Thks again brummyfan2 and billsey for your comments. Helped a lot. Installed a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD plus 16GB more RAM. System runs a lot faster and smoother. Left system on for two days with no overheating issues for the SSD.
    You are welcome and thanks for posting the outcome :)