Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 | CPU throttle 2.0Ghz when reaching 75 Celsius | AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

13»

Answers

• P25ani
    P25ani Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Results after Undervolting and reducing TDp to 22W. Temps are way lower and Cpu is hitting 3.2ghz on all cores all the time.  No more throttling .

• P25ani
    P25ani Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    1337Braz said:
    I might give it a try actually... Even tho it doesnt bother me that much anymore lol

Give it a try. I am  getting consistent fps on all games. And lot of the shuttering is gone.
  • amoleb1982
    amoleb1982 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    P25ani said:
    undervolting doesnt reduce performance bro. underclocking does. i am infact getting higher fps in some games now. And yes I used Msi Afterburner to unlock voltage controls
    Teach me master how you undervolted your cpu. I am a noob in this regards.

• 1337Braz
    1337Braz Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I will no longer reply or update this thread.

The reason is I sold my Acer Nitro 5 and bought the new Lenovo Legion 5 - that was the best fix for this issue.

In case anyone wants a workaround for Nitro 5 CPU throttle issue, user @P25ani explained above how undervolting GPU and limiting CPU TDP can "fix" this issue.

Have a good day everyone.

• 1337Braz
    @amoleb1982

To limit CPU TDP you can use Ryzen Controller.

And to undervolt GPU check this tutorial:
    https://youtu.be/oO50uMU7L-E

• dotexe
    dotexe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Same Problem , It is something of the BIOS, I updated the Chipset and work some time and then it died again , Im sure it is something of the ACPI system of the BIOS because it is about power this, I came to this conclusion using AMD performance tool and modifying the TDP to 35 and it auto locks to 16W TDP even if you have it to 25W TDP, so it is about BIOS no WINDOWS, I feel scammed since this is supoused to be a " Gaming Laptop " and it limits its power for battery life, ACER pls fix this. . .
  • 1337Braz
    @dotexe this cant be fixed but there is a workaround for this issue, check the post from @P25ani

• Member Posts: 2 New User
    I wish this problem will be fixed by ACER it would be great because I love their products :(
  • kamilp2p
    kamilp2p Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everybody. One guy found fix to this problem 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/n2aedr/unlocked_75c_limit_acer_nitro_5_an51542_ryzen_5/
    I am testing this now :)