Aspire 5 515-43 shows blue screen error at somewhat Regular Interval & after that nobootable device

BipinSh
BipinSh Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

The laptop came with bios version 1.07. I was planning to add an extra 8gb ram so before that I updated the bios to version 1.09. Now, My laptop randomly shows a blue screen at a somewhat regular interval. The blue screen error code is WHEA Uncorrectable error. After showing a blue screen, the laptop tries to restart but it shows no bootable device. If I hold my power button and shut down the laptop and open again, it starts normally and works fine. But after some period it again shows the same blue screen problem? Can somebody please help me to fix this problem?
Thank you

Best Answer

• ads295
    ads295 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    BipinSh said:
    @ads295 If you have a similar issue as mine, then it will definitely fix the problem. Good Luck!
    Hello,

First time around Acer Support merely said it was a software issue. I expected this. Gave them authority to do that on the condition that if the error occurs again, then they should replace the keyboard.

10 days into getting back the laptop, the BSOD occurred yet again, just as I'd expected (I had already clean installed Windows BEFORE handing it over to Acer so I knew that doesn't solve the issue.)

Now its been 3 months approx since the keyboard + upper casing was replaced (they come as a unit) and I have stopped facing the BSOD issue. Once my dad got "No Bootable Device" in these 3 months but no BSOD.

Thanks for pointing this out, perhaps majority of A515-43 laptop owners should force their service centers to replace the keyboard as it will raise a red flag in Acer's system so they can get wind of the issue. Service tech guys kept telling me that if a part came faulty from the factory, it would face higher rate of replacement than normal and this would reflect in their system (which didn't happen here, which is why I had to force them to do it.)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Did this happen before or after installing extra 8GB RAM? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BipinSh

Tinkerer

Actually, I tried to install crucial 8 GB RAM but that RAM did not work, I thought it was a defective piece so I returned. Now it has original 8 GB RAM which came with the laptop. After that, It is showing error.
  • Suvan
    Suvan Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @BipinSh I used to get the blue screen but with the error: unexpected_store_exception. It then used to show bootable device not found.I have the same laptop Acer aspire a515-43 ryzen 5 3500u with bios version 1.07. I fixed the issue by installing the adrenaline drivers from amd website.
  • JackE
    >>> Now it has original 8 GB RAM which came with the laptop. After that, It is showing error. >>>

Do you mean it didn't have this problem before you tried to add the Crucial RAM ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BipinSh

Tinkerer

@Suvan Yes correct, I also used to get Unexpected_Store_Exception error but from the last 4-5 days, I am getting WHEA Uncorrectable error. Let me try AMD Adrenalin and I will update if the problem is fixed or not.
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

@JackE Yes sir, I didn't face any problem before that.
  • JackE
    If the drivers don't fix it, I suggest cleaning off the RAM contacts with a soft cloth and re-seating it. It may be that the RAM modules, including the crucial, weren't seated well or making good contact. Make sure the clips on either side of the RAM socket are holding the RAM modules down firmly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BipinSh

Tinkerer

Thank you, I will try that too If the driver did not fix the problem. I updated the driver yesterday. TIll now no problem but let see.
  • LeoMM
    LeoMM Member Posts: 3 New User
    BipinSh said:
    Thank you, I will try that too If the driver did not fix the problem. I updated the driver yesterday. TIll now no problem but let see.
    Hello.
    Have that fixed your problem? 
    I have ocasionally this problem too with a laptop of a client.
    The laptop works for 2 weaks with no problem, then suddenly give me that error.
    Then I reboot and no bootable device message appears.
    Shutting off the laptop and turning on again solve the no bootable device but, a few days later, same problem...
    I had a nvme ssd installed since the begining,  but dont think that the ssd is the problem, since that work for days with no problem. 
    Have the AMD Adrenalin drivers solve that problem??
    Thx in advance.
  • Theridernight
    Theridernight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same problem. My laptop has 16 GB of Ram and Nvssd as standard and randomly show WHEA INCORRECTABLE ERROR.I bought it 
    May 2020.
    I have blue screens of the type you indicate, I have contacted Acer technical support, since it happens to me with Bios 1.09 .
    I am a Computer Engineer and I think it is a problem with the latest version of Windows 10 - 2004.

• BipinSh

Tinkerer

@LeoMM
    No driver update did not fix the problem. One day my laptop shut down abruptly and when I press the power button it does not start at all but when i press other buttons( any buttons on the keyboard except the power button) it starts to boot but after 5 seconds a so again it shutdown. I need to hold any one of the keyboard buttons to run. I don't know what new problem is this now. 
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

@Theridernight
    Have you tried with any other version of Windows OS or Linux?
  • LeoMM
    Have you contacted Acer Support about this problem? 

• BipinSh

Tinkerer

@LeoMM
    Yes, I have contacted them. They told me to take my laptop to a nearby Acer service center but in this situation, I can't. So, I am still stuck with the problem.
  • LeoMM
    Anybody had any luck with this problem??
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

@LeoMM After the blue screen problem, My laptop keyboard got damaged, laptop did not boot when pressing the power button but started after pressing other keys on my keyboard till I pressed it continuously otherwise it will shut down abruptly.

Recently, I visited the Acer service center. Since my laptop is under warranty, I told them to change the keyboard. Now, it is working fine.
    I think, In this model, the keyboard has a problem. Therefore, it is giving the error. Changing the keyboard will fix the problem.
  • ads295
    ads295 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2021
    Hello,

My father has had this issue with this same laptop since a few months now. Its an Aspire A515-43 with the Ryzen 5 3500U and 4GB RAM.
    I have done some research on the A-Data SSD Acer uses in this laptop and the reviews online say it is a very bad SSD which causes blue screens wherever it is installed. Has anyone here tried swapping out the SSD?

I myself have seen the "No Bootable Device" error after the laptop is shut from the BSOD. It corrects itself after some time.

My father feels it is because of a keyboard issue because he believes that it occurs specifically when he presses multiple keys together (inevitable if you're using any modern OS).

The laptop is still under warranty so I do want to give it to Acer Support but they will keep the computer for a while which is something we can't afford.
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

@ads295 It is the keyboard issue with this model. I gave my laptop to Acer Support and they changed my keyboard. Now it is working fine.
  • Dipendu
    Dipendu Member Posts: 3 New User
    My Acer A 515 -43 ryzen 5 processor from yesterday showing blue screen with error code WHEA error. Tell me what to do.. 
  • Dipendu
    Dipendu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Anyone have any solutions?? 
This discussion has been closed.