Can Anyone confirm model details on this Aspire 3 A315-23 ?

GopikrishnanR
GopikrishnanR Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I can't find details on this specific model (Aspire 3 A315-23) anywhere.

Please tell me if-
1. Does this one have 4GB onboard memory and an empty upgradeable slot or does it have 2GB onboard and 2GB card or it doesn't have any onboard memory(just a 4GB card?) ?
2. Can I buy a 4GB RAM and add it to make the total memory 8GB ?
3. Whether this one supports NVMe (PCIe) or SATA SSD in  the M.2 slot ?

The exact product model (like A315-23 xxxx) is not given for the product.
Thank to everyone reading and answering this !!

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    1.Yes, it has 4GB onboard memory and a slot for upgrade.
    2. Yes, you can buy a 4GB module and install, before you buy the new module, check the speed of the onboard memory in Task Manager, then buy new module with same frequency.
    3.This model supports M.2 NVMe SSD slot with PCIe 2 lanes enabled(PCIe Gen3x2).
  • GopikrishnanR

Tinkerer

Thanks @brummyfan2 for the answer. Much Appreciated !
  • GopikrishnanR

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 Can I ask One more question ? Does this model have a M.2 mounting screw already in it or should I buy it seperately ?
  • @brummyfan2 Can I ask One more question ? Does this model have a M.2 mounting screw already in it or should I buy it seperately ?
    Sorry, it's not possible for me to confirm regarding the screw, most probably you will have the screw already installed, if it isn't, you have to buy from a laptop repair shop.
  • JimPryde
    JimPryde Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I learned the following during a couple of online chat sessions - and, by the way, the agents were VERY helpful!
    First, contrary to what all the documentation states, there is no RAM "soldered to the motherboard" - instead there are 2 slots (one apparently on top of the other, although I haven't yet found how to get at the lower one!).  Each of them can handle up to 8GB - but total RAM cannot exceed 12GB due to a limitation of the Mobo. Maybe they could look at a firmware upgrade for the Mobo?
    Next, the "M.2 slot" is NOT M.2 - it is only described as "M.2 2280 form factor" for convenience.  It will, in fact, accept NVME Gen 3X4 quite happily - I replaced the miserly 128GB drive with a 1TB Gen 3x4 drive in about 10 minutes (from taking out first screw to putting back the last screw), with no issues whatsoever.
    My next project will be to install a 1TB SATA drive and set up a schedule to back up my main drive to the SATA drive at least weekly.
  • Sbksnl
    Sbksnl Member Posts: 13 New User
    Respected members can someone find XXX Model number
    Acer A315-23 XXX?
    Link is given below

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08NQL4TPM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UqydGbRZNFD9N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    And where from I get more detailed information?
    Thanks