Care Center resets settings upon resetting computer/ Battery Charge Limit keeps turning off

RedPanda
RedPanda Member Posts: 1 New User
As of the most recent Acer Care Center update (3019), it looks like Care Center keeps removing my settings, including the toggle for Battery Charge Limit. Even the Last Check Status resets and it acts as if I've never checked it before. Does this happen to anyone else? The only other thing thats happened since that update for me is that Windows 10 updated and I've installed OpenShell/ClassicShell.

Answers

• MarkusSb
    MarkusSb Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also have a problem with the new update of the Acer Care Center Application. For me the whole option to set a battery Charge limit is no longer there. I wish it was because before this update it was there and it worked perfectly fine on my new acer spin 3. I hope Acer does something about that, because I use my laptop a lot and always having it charged at 100% is really not good for Li-Ion batteries.
  • pmwhite
    pmwhite Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this problem also, using version 4.00.3042.0 windows 11 home 21H2

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Did you get your version from the support site for your specific model? They have different versions available for different models, so installing one from another model might not work as you expect.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.