Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 (2020 Model) BIOS Backward Compatibility and Overclock Fix.

invador0007
invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
Friend of mine was suffering thermal throttling due to factory overclock of (+50mv) followed by BIOS update 1.07 on Predator PH315-53 (2020) and decided to risk backward BIOS compatibility by flash previous BIOS 1.06 and good thing is it's backward compatible. For those who are having locked out ThrottleStop and Intel XTU, can flash older BIOS to restore and fix thermal issues as well.
For the proof, posting photographs below and if you still don't want to risk, it's all up to you after all that is your laptop and money.

As you can see now the clock speed are unlocked.

Hope it helped, sorry for the image quality and if you are still skeptical about it then don't flash.

Answers

• AZZIZ
    AZZIZ Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Great news!
    How did you do this? any guides to follow please?
    many thanks.
  • invador0007
    AZZIZ said:
    Great news!
    many thanks.
    Download BIOS 1.06 zip from support page and extract the zip then run exe while plugged into AC adapter further it'll do it by itself.

note: after flashing BIOS it'll take several or two restarts to boot OS, don't panic or force restart/shutdown.
  • AZZIZ
    AZZIZ said:
    Great news!
    many thanks.
    Download BIOS 1.06 zip from support page and extract the zip then run exe while plugged into AC adapter further it'll do it by itself.

note: after flashing BIOS it'll take several or two restarts to boot OS, don't panic or force restart/shutdown.
    When I do that I get this error..

• invador0007
    edited November 2020
    To bypass version popup.
    Just download and execute the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe" in the zip.
    Google Drive - link
    This zip is strictly for PH315-53(Intel i7 10750H and RTX 2060) model.

• invador0007
    AZZIZ said:
    AZZIZ said:
    Great news!
    many thanks.

When I do that I get this error..

check previous comment.
  • AZZIZ
    edited November 2020
    The file you gave me worked perfectly, and when it was done the overvolt was gone and undervolting was open.
    but when I restart the system starts updating to 1.07 automatically. I dont know how to stop it.
    tried it twice now and it updated automatically twice too.

Update: was able to fix this by going to Device Maneger > Firmware > Proprties > Roll Back and picked 1.06

I still had to use the provided file that our friend provied and I really don't know how to thank him enough.
  • AZZIZ
    Thank you buddy looks like its working now.
  • invador0007
    AZZIZ said:
    Thank you buddy looks like its working now.
    Just pass on the help to others in need.
  • abhijitkonwar
    abhijitkonwar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I TOO TRIED THE SAME PROCEDURE.IT WORKED AND TH EBIOS REVERTED BACK TO 1.06 BUT THN WHEN I RESTARTED IT AGAIN GOT UPDATED TO 1.07
  • invador0007
    I TOO TRIED THE SAME PROCEDURE.IT WORKED AND TH EBIOS REVERTED BACK TO 1.06 BUT THN WHEN I RESTARTED IT AGAIN GOT UPDATED TO 1.07
    Fix this by going to Device Manager > Firmware > Properties > Roll Back then select 1.06. 
  • assasinX
    assasinX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks bro , So peaceful now.
  • assasinX

Tinkerer

assasinX said:
    Voltage Offset Control Still inaccessible . But happy that temps will be better than previous state.
  • invador0007
    assasinX said:
    assasinX said:
    Voltage Offset Control Still inaccessible . But happy that temps will be better than previous state.
    To access voltage offset "Unlock Variable Voltage" should be ticked then it'll be available.(incase you forgot to tick that box)

• kingsrule
    kingsrule Member Posts: 1 New User
    Oh boy this thread helped me to revert back to 1.06 and I didn't have to do the roll back from device manager

Thanks to the op for this
  • invador0007
    kingsrule said:
    Oh boy this thread helped me to revert back to 1.06 and I didn't have to do the roll back from device manager

Thanks to the op for this
    Welcome
  • @AZZIZ You also have the option to permanently disable the firmware driver:

Windows update will not update the driver firmware.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • assasinX

Tinkerer

assasinX said:
    assasinX said:
    To access voltage offset "Unlock Variable Voltage" should be ticked then it'll be available.(incase you forgot to tick that box)

PARTY :)
  • AZZIZ
    edited November 2020
    @AZZIZ You also have the option to permanently disable the firmware driver:

oh really? How?

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh just disable it there in device maneger??
  • invador0007
    assasinX said:
    assasinX said:
    assasinX said:

PARTY :)
    What? i didn't get it.
  • invador0007
    AZZIZ said:
    @AZZIZ You also have the option to permanently disable the firmware driver:

oh really? How?

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh just disable it there in device maneger??
    link try this.