SF514-54T - windows may 2004 update

damski
damski Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I noticed this model is not available on the support list for the windows 10 may 2004 update.  I tried to update using the windows assistant but it will not allow the update to progress.  When is this likely to be available?   

Answers

• damski
    update error code: oxc1900209
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Your first step is to disconnect any peripherals, no printers, no external drives, etc.. The try the update again. If it works it was just an issue with one of the drivers. If that doesn't help then check for corrupted system files:
    Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter. Restart the computer after the scan has completed.
    If that doesn't work then try this:
    Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Restart your computer.
    Let us know how well it works.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • damski

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately that didn’t work. I think there are drivers that Acer/Microsoft might still be working on - maybe the Thunderbolt driver has an issue, or this model (10th gen) has not been finalised yet for an update.

• billsey
    It's late enough in the year they might just have you going onto the 20H2 update instead. One other thing you could try is an in place update. Create a Windows install image using the 2004 (which they have decided to start calling 20H1) ISO. Boot into Windows, put the install image into a USB port and run the Setup program from the USB. That should allow you to do a reinstall over the existing install that will leave all your apps and data alone.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • a_nd_s
    a_nd_s Member Posts: 9 New User
    My SF514-54T was updated to 2004 in June.  I had an older HP laptop that never got offered the update and kept saying it would be when ready - but I did an in-place update of that one using a windows iso on a USB stick - no problems.  The windows update detection of 'readiness' seems a bit suspect.
  • billsey
    My guess is they never test the really old machines to verify they are ready, so don't offer those...