Battery issue past warranty Acer Liquid Zest

XtaKat
XtaKat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
So what do I do now? The battery in my Acer Liquid Zest Plus (not even 2 years old) has popped up like a microwave popcorn bag and warped my case and expanded so much that the screen is popping off of the front. Doesn't seem to have affected the phone's functioning at all. I know the battery has obviously overheated but seems fine now. I can't afford a new cell phone right now, please tell me it's ok to keep using.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon XtaKat !

This problem occurs because of several factors such as overheating, non-original chargers, or overload.
    The battery must be removed IMMEDIATELY and the exchange performed.
    Under no circumstances should you use or charge the device in this way.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Complementing the answer from fellow maclane, see this article: https://www.tekrevue.com/swollen-battery/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi XtaKat,

No, we do not recommend you using the device.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
  • XtaKat
    XtaKat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi XtaKat,

No, we do not recommend you using the device.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
    Sent you the information, thanks so much for your time.
    Kat
  • Mannx844
    Mannx844 Member Posts: 2 New User
    XtaKat said:
    So what do I do now? The battery in my Acer Liquid Zest Plus (not even 2 years old) has popped up like a microwave popcorn bag and warped my case and expanded so much that the screen is popping off of the front. Doesn't seem to have affected the phone's functioning at all. I know the battery has obviously overheated but seems fine now. I can't afford a new cell phone right now, please tell me it's ok to keep using.
    Same problem

• Mannx844
    Mannx844 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So what do I do now? The battery in my Acer Liquid Zest Plus (not even 2 years old) has popped up like a microwave popcorn bag and warped my case and expanded so much that the screen is popping off of the front. Doesn't seem to have affected the phone's functioning at all. I know the battery has obviously overheated but seems fine now. I can't afford a new cell phone right now, please tell me it's ok to keep using
  • @Mannx844 If the battery is swollen, there is a risk of explosion. I suggest that you disconnect the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)