screens turns white at certain angle of the display or gets white borders. - Swift 3 SF314-55G

Abhishekkarmkar
Abhishekkarmkar Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
My model is Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you are still in warranty now is the time to contact Acer to get it fixed. If you are out of warranty then it's going to depend on how comfortable you are tearing it down. The eDP cable needs to be replaced, and it's tied in to both the bottom and top sections of the laptop, so replacing is a little involved.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2020
    at what angle and is it vertical, horizontal or both?  Do you mean the viewing angle, or the angle you put the display at compared to the keyb?
  • Abhishekkarmkar
    Gawain said:
    at what angle and is it vertical, horizontal or both?  Do you mean the viewing angle, or the angle you put the display at compared to the keyb?
    Like This
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    when you open the lid beyond a certain point?
  • Abhishekkarmkar
    Gawain said:
    when you open the lid beyond a certain point?
    Sometime.
  • billsey
    If you can pin it down to either movement front or back or it doesn't matter the position or movement it would help a lot. If it's when you are moving the display or in certain positions only it might be a failure in the eDP cable that runs between the display and the motherboard, though the hinged area.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Abhishekkarmkar
    billsey said:
    If you can pin it down to either movement front or back or it doesn't matter the position or movement it would help a lot. If it's when you are moving the display or in certain positions only it might be a failure in the eDP cable that runs between the display and the motherboard, though the hinged area.
    it's when moving the display or in certain positions only. How do I fix that?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    If you are still in warranty now is the time to contact Acer to get it fixed. If you are out of warranty then it's going to depend on how comfortable you are tearing it down. The eDP cable needs to be replaced, and it's tied in to both the bottom and top sections of the laptop, so replacing is a little involved.
  • Abhishekkarmkar
    billsey said:
    I'm under warranty I have contacted them. A technician came to my home and took a look and he'll be fixing it soon. Thanks for your help bro.
  • billsey
    Great! Let us know how it turns out.
  • lovinggjeet
    lovinggjeet Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    I'm under warranty I have contacted them. A technician came to my home and took a look and he'll be fixing it soon. Thanks for your help bro.
    billsey said:
    Hi Abhishek, May I know what was issue with your laptop. What did the service guy changed?
  • raghavpatel1413
    raghavpatel1413 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hola, I am facing the same issue with the same model. Acer Swift 3 314-55g. Acer care told me to change the display and it's cost 40 % price of a new laptop. What a drag! Any suggestions guys?
  • raghavpatel1413
    raghavpatel1413 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I repaired it by myself. I opened a back panel. I found DP cable is got fit with a laptop and display connector. I unscrew and make the DP cable loos too easy to move while sliding the display. Now it's working perfectly. 
  • Nebel11
    Nebel11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I repaired it by myself. I opened a back panel. I found DP cable is got fit with a laptop and display connector. I unscrew and make the DP cable loos too easy to move while sliding the display. Now it's working perfectly. 
    I have the same problem. Could you please tell me where you found the part from?
  • KritikPancholi
    KritikPancholi Member Posts: 1 New User

Can you help me with my laptop. I have same acer laptop and have similar issue.