Good evening, I have an old: 

Acer travelmate 5720g
Windows Vista home premium
version: 6.0.6001.18000 service pack 1 build 6001
Ram 2Gb
32 bit
S/N   LXTK30X087xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SNID  xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I downloaded the Microsoft utility "windows 7 upgrade advisor" to detect if my notebook can be upgraded to Windows 7; but the utility says that can't contact the Microsoft server; I asked this question to the Microsoft Community, and they said to contact the Acer; now I ask to you:
HAVE I THE TECHNICAL FEATURES TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS 7? 

I'm waiting for your reply, 
many thanks 

[ Comment edited to delete personal information ]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    The issue is that Microsoft took down those servers when Vista went EOL. You should have no problems doing the upgrade, but you should think of upgrading to W10 instead. With your system you want the 32bit version, and Windows Home would be the direct upgrade. Either way you'll need a license.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    The issue is that Microsoft took down those servers when Vista went EOL. You should have no problems doing the upgrade, but you should think of upgrading to W10 instead. With your system you want the 32bit version, and Windows Home would be the direct upgrade. Either way you'll need a license.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.