Is there any Driver for the Backlit Keyboard of Acer Nitro AN515-42?

NITROR515
NITROR515 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Is there any Driver for the Backlit Keyboard of Acer Nitro AN515-42? 

Answers

• Sam31
    Sam31 Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    is it not working?
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Settings are in the BIOS. May be Nitrosense has an option to control it .
  • Can you provide the exact model? Example AN515-42-58VH. Does your model have this symbol?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NITROR515

Tinkerer

Sam31 said:
    is it not working?
    Thanks for Responding.
    Everything is working except Fn+F9 (Backlight),i have checked the F9 key in keyboard tester and it is also working find.So i thought maybe it is driver related issue. 
  • NITROR515

Tinkerer

Can you provide the exact model? Example AN515-42-58VH. Does your model have this symbol?

Thanks for Responding, I tried this but no respond from backlight. If you know any solution please let me know.
  • NITROR515

Tinkerer

vkk said:
    Settings are in the BIOS. May be Nitrosense has an option to control it .

Thanks for Responding. I think Backlit setting in BIOS is for how much time you want it to keep the light ON,Backlit OFF/ ON  controlled by Fn+F9 key..
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NITROR515

Tinkerer

I tried that and it's still not working :(
  • Can you send a photo of your keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

Can you send a photo of your keyboard?
    OK.. here it is ...

• What happens when you press fn + f9 and only f9?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

What happens when you press fn + f9 and only f9?
    When I press Fn+F9 nothing happen, i though maybe F9 key is malfunctioning , so i tested the keyboard in a web keyboard tester and when i pressed the F9 button the virtual keyboard's F9 button lights up so i think F9 button is OK. So the Key is Fine then maybe the problem with the DRIVER or Faulty LED back-light OR THE Main board not providing the voltage require to light up LED . So if there any driver for the keyboard one problem could be ruled out.
  • I suggest that you take the laptop apart and check the backlit keyboard connector:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

I suggest that you take the laptop apart and check the backlit keyboard connector:
    Thanks , I will try that and let you know.
  • Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

Hello Sir, Thanks for your respond. The problem not solve yet.  I was away from my Laptop for few days, by the way i opened up my laptop and using a Digital multimeter i checked voltage around the 4 pin for the led backlight and found no voltage. Having the laptop open i connected my HDD and started laptop and pressed Fn+F9 key  and check the voltage but found nothing. Then i used a watch battery (3V) and connected to the ribbon of the led backlight and it lit . So now i am certain that my keyboard led backlight is ok and there is no power from the mainboard to the ribbon. I checked voltage around the ribbon and it is all around 15.5v to 16v ( picture given). 
    I check an open port JDMIC1  (picture given) and i found the voltage +3.8v . Can i use this port to lightup the led backlight. 
    Now in this situation what is your suggestion? 

1-> GND
    234-> No Voltage
    10-> GND
    9->  +3.8V
    5678-> 15.8V to 16V  

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

Does the problem still occur?
    Hello Sir, Thanks for your respond. The problem not solve yet.  I was away from my Laptop for few days, by the way i opened up my laptop and using a Digital multimeter i checked voltage around the 4 pin for the led backlight and found no voltage. Having the laptop open i connected my HDD and started laptop and pressed Fn+F9 key  and check the voltage but found nothing. Then i used a watch battery (3V) and connected to the ribbon of the led backlight and it lit . So now i am certain that my keyboard led backlight is ok and there is no power from the mainboard to the ribbon. I checked voltage around the ribbon and it is all around 15.5v to 16v ( picture given). 
    I check an open port JDMIC1  (picture given) and i found the voltage +3.8v . Can i use this port to lightup the led backlight. 

1-> GND
    234-> No Voltage
    10-> GND
    9->  +3.8V
    5678-> 15.8V to 16V  

• Can you check the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NITROR515

Tinkerer

Can you check the version of the bios?

Yes , it was the first version when i bought the laptop. (by the way i think it is to enable or disable 30s backlight timeout.

Yes , it was the first version when i bought the laptop. (by the way i think it is to enable or disable 30s backlight timeout.