Battery Charging Problem - Aspire 5 A515-51G-50JE

Nandan982
Nandan982 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-50JE I'm having trouble with charging both LED blink 1 sec. ON and 3 sec OFF manner and battery won't charge even tried new charger.About 4-5 months ago this was only happening at the time of gaming but now it can be experienced with regular usage

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The battery's own internal charge control chip has failed. You need a replacement battery. Google A515-51G & battery for vendors that ship to your region. Price about $38USD for a new battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    If the laptop is booted and running, you don't need to do anything with the button. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Turn the machine off. Remove the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Plug the charger back in. The charger LED should be steady orange. When it turns steady blue, turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

Nope, Tried but didn't work out I would also like to add one more thing battery is only charging in turned off mode then runs fine for 2-3 hrs but not a single percentage raise during turned on mode.
    Video sharing is not available here else I'd like you to take a look at blinking pattern while pluging in then leter on it keeps on going in 1:3 ON and OFF manner.
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click on and uninstall each driver you find in the battery folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Then Open Control Panel. Search 'button' Click on 'change what the power buttons do'. Click 'change settings that are  currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn it back on again with the charger plugged. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

Did exactly same as you said but still not working.Same as while pluging in 4 times orange rapid blink then continuous 3:1 both orange and blue ON and OFF blinking.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The battery's own internal charge control chip has failed. You need a replacement battery. Google A515-51G & battery for vendors that ship to your region. Price about $38USD for a new battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

@JackE
    I've tried gaming in battery removed mode, short with direct connection and laptop suddenly stopped like shut down.
    You sure my graphic card is ok and battery is gone.
    Because in my experience battery stop charging when there is a load on graphic card like gaming and stuffs required load on graphic card.
  • JackE
    >>>I've tried gaming in battery removed mode, >>>

If this was heavy CPU/GPU power drain gaming, it might have exceeded the charger's rated power output. It may damage the charger, trip an internal charger circuit breaker, or cause the mainboard to shut down. Why did you try to run high power loads without first installing a replacement battery?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

None of shipping dealers here have this product and those who have are charging way too much like almost $60USD. So I was just trying something assuming game might run without battery but didn't work out.
  • JackE
    Does it still boot? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

Yeah its running fine like before now I've placed battery back in and its running fine,Only charging problem during gaming.
    Actually I've seen lot of post regarding this issue with MX 150 any idea why So? 
  • Nandan982

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    Would you like to give your thoughts on this matter JackE is not replying...
  • Have you checked this button?
    Problema na bateria Nitro 5 AN515-51-52BF  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>Only charging problem during gaming.>>>

Battery power is complementing the charger power when the total power load demand exceeds the charger's power output. During those times, the battery is not being charged but discharged. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nandan982

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    No, what to do with this button please explain.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    If the laptop is booted and running, you don't need to do anything with the button. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I would check the battery for wear with hwinfo64.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)