Swift SF314-41. Problem with new bios 1.07

cicciocanestro
cicciocanestro Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good morning. I have a Swift SF314-41 notebook with AMD Ryzen 35000U. For the sake of completeness, I would like to point out that I added a second HD SSD in 2.5 format where I installed ubuntu and changed a bank of 4 gb of ram with a 16 gb one and now I have a total of 20 gb of ram (17 of which are usable).
Windows downloaded the BIOS update to version 1.07 a few weeks ago.
Since then the problems began, which manifest themselves only with windows, not with ubuntu.
In particular, with the PC not connected to the current, these problems occur randomly:
- BSOD (rare)
- WIFI network failure (frequent).
Everything is fine with the PC connected to the mains.
With Ubuntu everything is ok.
I downgraded the bios to version 1.04 and the problems are gone, but windows alone updates the bios to version 1.07 immediately.

Have others had such problems?
How to solve?
Could Acer fix the BIOS bug?
I tried to write to technical support and they told me to send the computer in for service. But why should I if it's a BIOS problem?
Thanks to those who want to help me.

Answers

• cicciocanestro
    Nobody can help me?
  • ericjohn84
    ericjohn84 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    hi, i have a swift 3 sf314-42 unit. like you, my laptop's bios was upgraded to 1.07 from 1.04. though i am not experiencing any problem right now. And it was not an automatic update, the update was found under the "optional update" stating insyde (if my memory serves me right). My only issue is that I cannot access the advanced bios mode after the update. Hopefully, some future updates would fix the issues you encountered when you were at 1.07.

If I may ask, how did you downgraded the BIOS of your unit?
  • Try disabling the firmware driver in the device manager.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cicciocanestro
    hi, i have a swift 3 sf314-42 unit. like you, my laptop's bios was upgraded to 1.07 from 1.04. though i am not experiencing any problem right now. And it was not an automatic update, the update was found under the "optional update" stating insyde (if my memory serves me right). My only issue is that I cannot access the advanced bios mode after the update. Hopefully, some future updates would fix the issues you encountered when you were at 1.07.

The solution for downgrading the BIOS is as follow.  Unpack the *******.exe with something like WinRar or 7-Zip and then in the platform.ini find "[Bios_Version_Check]" and change "flag=1" to "flag=0" after that save the ini file and run the InsydeFlash.exe as administrator. Thats how I have downgraded my BIOS.

I think new bios have some problem with SSD 2.5 or 16 GB ram bank.
    Does Acer read this post? 
  • ericjohn84

The solution for downgrading the BIOS is as follow.  Unpack the *******.exe with something like WinRar or 7-Zip and then in the platform.ini find "[Bios_Version_Check]" and change "flag=1" to "flag=0" after that save the ini file and run the InsydeFlash.exe as administrator. Thats how I have downgraded my BIOS.

I followed your instructions and succeeded in downgrading to 1.04, however after the restart, my laptop will again automatically update it back to 1.07. hahahaha, i guess im stuck with this. thanks anyway!
  • cicciocanestro

I followed your instructions and succeeded in downgrading to 1.04, however after the restart, my laptop will again automatically update it back to 1.07. hahahaha, i guess im stuck with this. thanks anyway!
    try uninstalling Acer Inc system firmware from device manager befor downgrade firmware. For me works
  • ericjohn84

try uninstalling Acer Inc system firmware from device manager befor downgrade firmware. For me works
    Wow! It worked for me. Many thanks!!!! 
  • Acer has just released version 1.08 of the bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)