When i unplugged my charger my laptop instant shut down. Aspire 5

Mostafiz
Mostafiz Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop Aspire 5, battery fully okey. It's smoothly running. but when I plugged in charger and unplugged the charger it's automatic shut down my laptop. I faced this problem last 5/6 days. Also Blinking Charging leb when i plugged my charger.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mostafiz
    JackE said:
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible. Jack E/NJ

I attached the report as PDF
  • JackE
    >>>Also Blinking Charging leb when i plugged my charger.>>>

Open Device Manager. Click 'batteries' folder. Right click and uninstall each driver you find in the folder. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Remove charger. Gently insert a pin into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Is the charging LED now steady orange or blue, not blinking? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mostafiz
    Still remains same problem. When i unplugged the charger automatically shut down. But batteries has no problem. I think charger port or charge has any problem
  • JackE
    Your charger and laptop seems to be OK since the laptop stays on when plugged in. I suspect the battery's internal charge controller board is not reporting  battery condition correctly. The blinking charge LED suggests there's a problem with this board. I suggest removing the bottom cover and reseating the battery's connector to the mainboard a few times to try to clean the internal contacts.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ