Is there an option to turn off Function key in Aspire 3 A315-55G-78Q1

DuySonNguyen
DuySonNguyen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought an Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G-78Q1, the machine works fine, however, I need to used the F1-F12 key a lot! when my new Acer FOREVER LOCK the Function key which is useless than garbages to me. I try the Bios, I've update to Bios newest version 1.25 just to make sure. NOTHING! the ONLY option that I -an Acer CUSTUMER- have to choose is not enable-disable, but Function key-Media, which are equally garbages. So any suggestion? because I've seen alot of complain about Acer Function key, which were MARVELOUSLY ignored by Acer. Such amazing customer service make me really nervous about the future of this not so cheap laptop 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,445 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Turn machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press F2 key (or FN+F2) to enter BIOS menu. Click Main tab.  Check for option to change function key behavior. If you don't see option, press Ctrl+S. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Turn machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press F2 key (or FN+F2) to enter BIOS menu. Click Main tab.  Check for option to change function key behavior. If you don't see option, press Ctrl+S. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DuySonNguyen
    DuySonNguyen Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    I bring it to the seller customer service, and they change Bios Function to "Function". Which confused me, why don't the option be "enabled/disabled" but Function/media? Anyway, better be a fix than none at all. Thank you, and please elaborate a little bit more clear next time. I try to fix it myself and read your comment a bunch of time before, but still can't do it
  • JackE
    Sorry. To enter BIOS menu, you have to press F2 immediately after turning machine on. If it doesn't work, then you have to press FN+F2 immediately after turning machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ