PC blackouts/restarts while gaming with sorta a buzzing sound predator g3-710

Meero
Meero Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I already posted a post that details my problem which was PC randomly restarting with a few people calling out that it might be a PSU issue. Now I bought a 500W psu and a new cpu fan cooler but the problem still persists with the buzzing sound. It's not a bios beep sound but literally a buzzing sound that I cannot pinpoint what part of my PC is making it. Now it only occurs while I'm gaming and not browsing the web or watching a video. The event viewer only shows ID 41 which indicates that the PC didn't shut down properly. I already cleaned the PC, reseated and checked the RAMS (no problems), replaced the thermal paste and got a new cpu fan cooler, replaced the PSU, updated all the drivers, scanned for malware, and did a quick scan for damaged blocks on my hdd (no problems). At this point, I'm afraid that the problem lies with the Mobo or GPU but I can't spend much on new parts since this is a 5-year-old PC and just upgrading it might be too costly.
Below is a video of the buzzing sound
My PC, Acer Predator g3-710. Everything is stock items and any more details I'll just edit and add it.
Mobo
Acer predator g3-710
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
PSU
500W Liteon
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM
2pc 8gb of Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB DDR4
HDD
Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164
Plus, I am planning to go to a local pc repair shop in my area and I live in a rural part of the U.S. but I worry that the repair costs more than replacing the parts. I am new to troubleshooting and trying to repair the PC so any suggestion is appreciated.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
     Meero said:
    I already posted a post that details my problem which was PC randomly restarting with a few people calling out that it might be a PSU issue. Now I bought a 500W psu and a new cpu fan cooler but the problem still persists with the buzzing sound. It's not a bios beep sound but literally a buzzing sound that I cannot pinpoint what part of my PC is making it. Now it only occurs while I'm gaming and not browsing the web or watching a video. The event viewer only shows ID 41 which indicates that the PC didn't shut down properly. I already cleaned the PC, reseated and checked the RAMS (no problems), replaced the thermal paste and got a new cpu fan cooler, replaced the PSU, updated all the drivers, scanned for malware, and did a quick scan for damaged blocks on my hdd (no problems). At this point, I'm afraid that the problem lies with the Mobo or GPU but I can't spend much on new parts since this is a 5-year-old PC and just upgrading it might be too costly.
    Below is a video of the buzzing sound
    My PC, Acer Predator g3-710. Everything is stock items and any more details I'll just edit and add it.
    Mobo
    Acer predator g3-710
    GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    PSU
    500W Liteon
    Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    RAM
    2pc 8gb of Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB DDR4
    HDD
    Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164
    Plus, I am planning to go to a local pc repair shop in my area and I live in a rural part of the U.S. but I worry that the repair costs more than replacing the parts. I am new to troubleshooting and trying to repair the PC so any suggestion is appreciated.
    =)=)=) there is “NO Buzzing Sound” there??? Must be in your imagination??? That recording of the CPU fan and internally is very quite! Leave it alone as there is nothing wrong with your desktop G3-710 as you have updated all the weaker points of the G3-710. If it’s the GPU check that the so called “Buzzing Sound” is not coming from the fans when gaming, mobos don’t make sounds because they either work or don’t work and mobos don’t have moving parts like fans etc.
  • Meero
    Meero Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited October 2020
    the constant pzzzzzz is the buzzing sound. I can post a video of what it sounds like at idle but basically, the fans are quiet and that sound you can hear in the background is what comes after the blackouts and/or random restarts. BTW, this video was taken when the PC is at the blackout state where there are nothing coming out the monitor and pc suddenly went silent (like windows crashed and suddenly shuts down) but the fan and psu are still running.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I'm guessing at this point that the GPU is what's acting up on you. If it's overheating, as you would expect to see in gaming, it will drive it's cooling fans faster to try and cool down. Try running one of the utilities that show CPU and GPU temperatures to see if that's the issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.